Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 269

Thread: Socialism

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    32,126
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan24 View Post
    Your absolutism will always leave you on the losing side of an argument......just saying.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where would 2 be without his absolutism though?


  2. #62

    Default

    Can I just say how happy it makes me to see Howie in a thread about socialism passionately defending socialism? Ron Paul voter passionate about socialism! It's awesome. Great work Howie. Venezuela would be lucky to count you among their ranks.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    32,126
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    The odds are not equal, I agree. Government control is far more corrupt.
    Can you share some examples of corruption within the FAA in the current system?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    32,126
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Can I just say how happy it makes me to see Howie in a thread about socialism passionately defending socialism? Ron Paul voter passionate about socialism! It's awesome. Great work Howie. Venezuela would be lucky to count you among their ranks.
    Yes. Being in favor of airline regulations = Socialist! Making up definitions is fun.

    Notice that none of the fellas are coming to your rescue on this, because your argument is absurd, even for "Conservatives."

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    You mean other than the hundreds of thousands of pages of federal regulations?
    And how do those effect you?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Unless I'm right. Then I'll be on the winning side of every argument and you would be on the losing side.
    Sure; because Lee was a man, Lincoln was bad man and the salves should have waited another 50 or so years to gain freedom.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan24 View Post
    And how do those effect you?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmmm. See 24, I have a huge problem with the flow of this argument:

    Airlines are unregulated.

    No they aren't, here are mountains of regulations.


    A logical response is not "so how does it affect you?" It's either: I'm wrong. or No you misunderstood my statement.

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan24 View Post
    Sure; because Lee was a man, Lincoln was bad man and the salves should have waited another 50 or so years to gain freedom.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm getting beat up, I'm not enjoying getting beat up in this argument. There must be some kind of safe space, AH YES! Private Roads.. PHEW. That was getting uncomfortable. I win. Lincoln bad. WIN. Deal with it.

  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Yes. Being in favor of airline regulations = Socialist! Making up definitions is fun.

    Notice that none of the fellas are coming to your rescue on this, because your argument is absurd, even for "Conservatives."
    None of the fellas EVER come to my rescue in these discussions. Either because they disagree with me, or they know that I need zero help in any argument with you.

    Yes, you are a passionate defender of socialism. All I've done in this thread is argue against socialism, and you have about a dozen responses to me, passionately arguing against my position. Passionate socialist. Congrats! Oh you don't like this accusation? Well then just take a look in the mirror. Hypocrite and Hack.

  10. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Utopia does not exist. But a system which rewards virtue will produce better behaving humans and a much better society than the one which rewards corruption.
    Neither socialism nor capitalism aims to do either.

  11. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    The entire discussion is illogical.

    1) government doesn't make planes safer. So to argue that government regulation of planes is the same as law enforcement of crime lacks parallelism. and logic.

    2) government could reduce plane crashes to zero by banning planes. I'm not aware of a similar possibility with all crime. So your logic lacks parallelism again.
    Gophers_4Life was right. Not shockingly.

  12. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Neither socialism nor capitalism aims to do either.
    Incorrect, capitalism rewards virtue. Well, it doesn't "aim" to do anything. But it's certainly the result.

  13. #73

    Default

    Let’s keep in mind the actual point of this thread: conservatives call any policy they don’t like “socialism”. They’ve been blowing that dogwhistle at least since the 50’s and have never stopped doing it.


    Now you return to arguing with S2, about his positions which have been specifically crafted and taken up because they can’t be disproven. Does that prove that his positions are correct? Of course not.

  14. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GopherJake View Post
    Gophers_4Life was right. Not shockingly.

  15. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    capitalism rewards virtue.
    Sometimes it does, more often it rewards corruption and evil behaviors, because it only really cares about maximizing return on capital investment (hence the name).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •