Today's games having the most affect on Gopher's seeding. 3/15

Otis

Reaction score
Gophers vs Purdue - Want a better seed? Win Baby, win.

Cincy vs SMU - upset here would help Gophers

UCF vs Memphis -

Washington vs Colorado - Torn here. Probably best to have Washington win the PAC 12 but a loss to Colorado might help us close the gap on the Huskies.

Seton Hall vs Marquette - Need the favorite here

Utah State vs Fresno State - not sure if it would matter much but Utah losing softens the bubble which may push us up.

Rhode Island vs VCU - VCU loss here may raise us a little and constrict the bubble by allowing a theft of a conference tournament.

Alabama vs Kentucky - definitely need Kentucky here

Iowa vs Michigan - an Iowa loss couldn't hurt our seed.

OSU vs MSU - definitely want MSU here

Florida vs LSU - LSU is our team in this game, but is there a more disappointing tournament team than the Tigers?

If everything breaks right here, we could get up to an 8 seed, although I'd rather be the underdog in the first round. Less expectations seems to serve us well.

I'd rather be a 10 seed than a 9

I want the highest seed possible because I want the weakest first round opponent.
Let's just win our first game, then pull an upset in round 2 against whatever ACC team we get assigned to.

I want the highest seed possible because I want the weakest first round opponent.
Let's just win our first game, then pull an upset in round 2 against whatever ACC team we get assigned to.

Scary to picture us playing Virginia or Duke in round 2. Would we score 40 against Virginia? Would Duke score 100 on us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scary to picture us playing Virginia or Duke in round 2. Would we score 40 against Virginia? Would Duke score 100 on us

Guessing umbc fans were thinking the same thing. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Scary to picture us playing Virginia or Duke in round 2. Would we score 40 against Virginia? Would Duke score 100 on us?

Cringe at either matchup.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If Maryland-Baltimore County can be Wiscsonin-East, we can too!

Let the seed fall where it may. Just nice to actually watch the selection show and see the match-ups with us in the mix.

I'd rather put a scare into a 1 seed then go quietly into the night against a 3 seed.

Virginia beat WI by 7, MD by 5.
Duke beat the hell out of Indiana.
UNC lost to Michigan by 17.

They are all good teams, but I would still play the game.

Who knows, maybe we get Gonzaga or Tennessee.

Yeah of the top ACC teams would definitely be hoping to draw UNC, they lost to Texas, and Texas is a terrible team, in a terrible city, with terrible fans.

I don’t care what seed we get. I just hope we play Friday. My Thursday is busy.

Right now the ACC tourney semifinal could easily be better than the final 4 !

Im sure to most people on here this would be a nightmare matchup, considering most people on here were scared to play the bottom 5 teams in the big ten tournament. If some people thought we were gonna lose by double digits to the big ten teams i can only imagine what they think will happen against virginia or duke lol

Many of us were worried about playing Illinois in the BTT a couple weeks ago.

I’ll take Virginia. They’re usually good for a clunker come tourney time. 5 straight tourney appearances with highly ranked teams and they’ve been bounced before the sweet 16 3 times.

They’ve probably been the most underperforming tournament team of the last 5 years.

Gophers vs Purdue - Want a better seed? Win Baby, win.

Cincy vs SMU - upset here would help Gophers

UCF vs Memphis -

Washington vs Colorado - Torn here. Probably best to have Washington win the PAC 12 but a loss to Colorado might help us close the gap on the Huskies.

Seton Hall vs Marquette - Need the favorite here

Utah State vs Fresno State - not sure if it would matter much but Utah losing softens the bubble which may push us up.

Rhode Island vs VCU - VCU loss here may raise us a little and constrict the bubble by allowing a theft of a conference tournament.

Alabama vs Kentucky - definitely need Kentucky here

Iowa vs Michigan - an Iowa loss couldn't hurt our seed.

OSU vs MSU - definitely want MSU here

Florida vs LSU - LSU is our team in this game, but is there a more disappointing tournament team than the Tigers?

If everything breaks right here, we could get up to an 8 seed, although I'd rather be the underdog in the first round. Less expectations seems to serve us well.

Bubble just burst on somebody. VCU out in the quarters.

I’ll take Virginia. They’re usually good for a clunker come tourney time. 5 straight tourney appearances with highly ranked teams and they’ve been bounced before the sweet 16 3 times.

They’ve probably been the most underperforming tournament team of the last 5 years.

What? Packline defense cannot be beat

VCU lost.
Atlantic 10 will steal a bid.

VCU was an 8 seed, but could be moved down to 10 or so. Good RPI and NET scores, but not impressive Q1 / Q2 wins. (Just 5-4 in Q1/Q2)

VCU’s Marcus Evans 14ppg, died from a leg injury. Could be a good draw first round for somebody.

Top Bottom