***OFFICIAL PURDUE VS MINNESOTA BTT IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

This was the most shocking (positive) outcome of the season. I didn't really expect a competitive game with Purdue looking for revenge and the Gophers being both an inconsistent team and just having played OT last night. The most impressive part of the whole game to me was the Gophers battling back to win after losing a 10 point lead in the second half. I felt really bad about the outcome of the game when Brock Stull had two huge mistakes back to back. Jordan Murphy had just made a bucket after a timeout to give the Gophers a 7 point lead and then Brock gave up a 3 point play on the other end when it appeared he didn't know where the ball was. Then he turned down an open 3 on the other end and was called for travelling. Purdue scores on the other end and it's a two point game and all the momentum on the Boilermakers side. Eventually the Boilermakers took the lead and the Gophers were able to battle back without ever making 3 or even making an unlikely shot. Really locked in on both ends of the floor and played with the toughness and focus that the team shows it's capable of, but just doesn't exhibit consistently.

I really hope this version of the Gophers shows up next week!

This win has me feeling that an NCAA victory is a real possibility (1 or 2 games)! They showed so much heart tonight, it's hard not to love this bunch of players. Wish that IW was a contributor, he could be such a help to our thin bench.

Coffey the last two games seem like he has figured out his talent, limitations and explosiveness, very neat to see. It gives the whole team pace, timing, and confidence.

Altogether, that was just a really entertaining, hard fought basketball game.

Coffey the last two games seem like he has figured out his talent, limitations and explosiveness, very neat to see. It gives the whole team pace, timing, and confidence.

Murphy also doing a great job passing rather than forcing his way through double teams!

Um ... no it's not. That's just your opinion.

It's not much of an opinion to say that IW could do better than no points, a turnover and a blown defensive assignment in limited minutes.

Really good win. The Gophers played with GRIT tonight. Fun to watch all-in effort. Great coaching job too. Nice win gophs!

It's not much of an opinion to say that IW could do better than no points, a turnover and a blown defensive assignment in limited minutes.

I’m not sure about that. The reason he doesn’t play is that his defense is atrocious, and he makes bad decisions on offense on top of that. I get the feeling he doesn’t work very hard (b/ that’s how he plays on the court - little effort). Every time he’s in the game the opponent immediately lights up the scoreboard.

The main reason the Gophers beat Purdue twice the past two weeks is a guard who takes the role of defense seriously- Kalscheur really frustrates Edwards b/c he really plays good D.

Last edited:

Awesome game. Imagine how many more conference games they could have won if they just shot the ball better more regularly like tonight. Let's hope they can bring it again tomorrow.

I have a feeling that we could have won by 20 and someone would still complain that Pitino could have done a better job. He just beat Purdue twice in a row. I think a little credit may be due.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
Yup...crazy

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

One does not negate the other. He gets credit. But his refusal to play IW, when our bench literally gives us nothing is indefensible.
Is it? We dont see practices

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have a feeling that we could have won by 20 and someone would still complain that Pitino could have done a better job. He just beat Purdue twice in a row. I think a little credit may be due.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Bingo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Murphy also doing a great job passing rather than forcing his way through double teams!

In the post game interview with the BTN hosts, Murphy said coach has been on him to pass it to the other big when he gets doubled. Looks like it works.

One does not negate the other. He gets credit. But his refusal to play IW, when our bench literally gives us nothing is indefensible.

At least you are consistent. I swear half of your posts in games threads relate to IW.

In the post game interview with the BTN hosts, Murphy said coach has been on him to pass it to the other big when he gets doubled. Looks like it works.

Brilliant! Now THAT is why these coaches get paid the big bucks.

What a great game! Gophers sure have Purdue's number this year. Semifinals against a Michigan team we played pretty well against at least at their place. There probably isn't a great chance we win, but how fun would a BT final be to watch with our gophers in it right before the selection show?

Either way, our boys are hitting their stride right now and that is great to see heading into the dance. Fun stuff!!

Last night's game righted a lot of the things that drove us crazy during much of the season. Hitting free throws is so huge. Missing them is so deflating.

Omersa gets more face time in the BTN highlight packages than everyone but Murph and Coffey.
I commented on this too - he looks perpetually engaged and enthusiastic.. The camera loves him!

Speaking of Omersa.......what will his role be next year? Starter - or lots of minutes off the bench? No doubt he's athletic, but raw. Thoughts?

Speaking of Omersa.......what will his role be next year? Starter - or lots of minutes off the bench? No doubt he's athletic, but raw. Thoughts?

Off the bench I would say. If he is starting, that shows you the roster is messed up again. He is super raw. My guess he's an under 10 minutes a game type of guy even next year unless he improves greatly.

Off the bench I would say. If he is starting, that shows you the roster is messed up again. He is super raw. My guess he's an under 10 minutes a game type of guy even next year unless he improves greatly.

He seems to love the game and love his team... He has the athleticism... Not a big stretch to think he’ll make a significant leap? I sure hope he makes the leap, as he’s such a likeable person!

I commented on this too - he looks perpetually engaged and enthusiastic.. The camera loves him!

He also has a winning smile and that twinkle in the eye! What we're seeing is a boatload of talent & swagger, and not all of it is basketball related. Huge upside in the entertainment industry if he decides to go down that path.

Lol he has gotten a little better, but murphy is awful at playing against a double team (gotta be one of the worst ive ever seen for his level of talent) thats half the reason teams do it to him every time. Oturu is a freshman and he is usually better at it than murphy. That being said, the kid is getting better at it and only has one other vibrant weakness to his game (shooting.) Great game from jordan and he already is one of my favorite gophers of all time, but instead of passing it to who coach tells him to, he needs to learn how to read a double team

Top Bottom