***OFFICIAL PURDUE VS MINNESOTA BTT IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
With the first game behind us, Gophers can hopefully play relaxed against Purdue. Revenge will likely be on their mind after the big win vs them last week. Our starters played a lot of minutes. We need a much better Oturu than what we've had the last few games.

Let's make a run!

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps the one higher seed team that couldn’t run a tired gophers team out of the gym. Painter played almost no bench last game. If that happens this game and the gopher starters stay out of foul trouble, I like the gophers chances.

The Gophers really shouldn't be tired, tomorrow night. Prior to tonight, there last game was on Friday. If anything, I think it's an advantage for them to play a game on that court, tonight.

The Gophers really shouldn't be tired, tomorrow night. Prior to tonight, there last game was on Friday. If anything, I think it's an advantage for them to play a game on that court, tonight.

I agree. A good night sleep, a light shoot around this morning, let's go!

Lets not use tired legs as an excuse. Look at what Nebraska is doing.

Gophers need to hit some shots and not let guys like Cline and Haarms beat them.

Travion Williams is a problem we didn’t have to solve on senior night. Hopefully thats the case again

Honestly don’t care about the outcome of this game. Play guys like Hurt, Omersa, and IW.. let Coffey and Murphy rest. Give Stull significant minutes. Wouldn’t eve mind seeing a Omersa/Hurt frontcourt combo if it means resting Stockman, Oturu, and Murphy

I think they can win. Focus on keeping their good guard out of the lane and get a hand in his face. You do that, you will most likely win. He likes to play out of control to the advantage of his opponents. Please take 30 shots again fella!;)

Also, make sure someone sticks to that Cline like glue. He won't beat you anywhere else but the 3 point line, so stay up in his stuff.

Honestly don’t care about the outcome of this game. Play guys like Hurt, Omersa, and IW.. let Coffey and Murphy rest. Give Stull significant minutes. Wouldn’t eve mind seeing a Omersa/Hurt frontcourt combo if it means resting Stockman, Oturu, and Murphy

I know our spot in the NCAA tournament is basically locked up but why would you need to rest guys? The NCAA tournament doesn't start till next Thursday and it is good for the players to spend as much time as possible going up against quality opponents. If I am Pitino and the Gophers I would love to go on a run and win the BTT. I see zero reason to rest guys today and I would be shocked to see them do it.

You want them playing with confidence and at a high level heading into the big dance.

I know our spot in the NCAA tournament is basically locked up but why would you need to rest guys? The NCAA tournament doesn't start till next Thursday and it is good for the players to spend as much time as possible going up against quality opponents. If I am Pitino and the Gophers I would love to go on a run and win the BTT. I see zero reason to rest guys today and I would be shocked to see them do it.

You want them playing with confidence and at a high level heading into the big dance.

If IW hasn't done something to merit a top secret suspension, I would play him, just to give him another chance to show he can fill some badly needed PG minutes. A good version of IW would give us a higher ceiling. I doubt he plays though. Last night we were having trouble with the late game full court press and a kid like IW could have really helped. We had no one quick enough to beat their man to receive a pass so we had to throw the risky longer passes to Coffey. It worked but a number of them were close to getting picked off.

you make a good point. I also think this is the last chance to get our bench guys some valuable minutes. If we lose one of our 7 players to injury in the tournament, we are going to need to call upon a guy who has played close to 0 minutes the last month or two

you make a good point. I also think this is the last chance to get our bench guys some valuable minutes. If we lose one of our 7 players to injury in the tournament, we are going to need to call upon a guy who has played close to 0 minutes the last month or two

If we lose Murphy or Coffey we’re toast immediately and any of the other guys were 95% likely toast. The playing time will do nothing to change that

If we lose Murphy or Coffey we’re toast immediately and any of the other guys were 95% likely toast. The playing time will do nothing to change that

sure.. point taken. but let's say Murphy gets into foul trouble in the tournament. getting Omersa minutes will help. Coffey doesn't really get into foul trouble too often, but all it takes is a charge call and a reach in on the other end to put Coffey in foul trouble.. getting Washington some minutes tonight could prove useful. those situans would definitely hamper our chances of winning, but wouldn't necessarily KO us

Will IW play if Stull and Hurt collide and give each other concussions in warmups?

I think the Gophers are undefeated in neutral court games this season. (but honestly too lazy to look it up to confirm)

I don’t think the gophers will win. However, having played last night is an advantage.

Need bad Edwards to show up for them and good Coffey for us

Every time I watch Matt Haarms I think of that recruiting video of that 8 foot 7th grader or whatever the heck that was.

K that's enough 3's for the rest of the weekend, Jordan.

Oturu got scored on by not fighting for position. Twocpossessions later he worked Haarms off the block and forced a tougher shot. Glad he learned quickly

Gabe really knows how to defend Edwards.

Top Bottom