Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Probably an impossible request, but it would be nice if we could just let the season play out before starting a new fire Pitino thread after any particular game.

I'm not calling for a lifetime contract for Pitino but it was nice to see how this team finished given how toxic some of the fan base had turned.
    Winasota Gopher now takes me seriously.....you should too.

Quote Originally Posted by pharmacygopher View Post
    Holy passive aggressiveness in this thread.
    I have always liked Rick Jrs connection to this players, even approach, and recruiting, but never been sold on the X/O side but he is better than Monson and better than what Tubby gave us on that side at times.

On the negative I hate that he let the team get caught this year without any good guards ready to save the season, and thus forcing Coffey to play out of position all year.

Overall , I give a great deal of credit to Ricky Jr. and hope for the best going forward. I was ready to quit on him (and did quit on him 4x), if he could have grabbed Bill M's son Eric, but what the hell.. one more year for Jr.
    Last edited by oak_street1981; 03-14-2019 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oak_street1981 View Post
    but what the hell.. one more year for Jr.
    Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by golfing18now View Post
    Probably an impossible request, but it would be nice if we could just let the season play out before starting a new fire Pitino thread after any particular game.

I'm not calling for a lifetime contract for Pitino but it was nice to see how this team finished given how toxic some of the fan base had turned.
    Now, now, I didn't do what you claim and I agree with your second sentence. I thought I made that clear.

Are there gopher fans who actually do hate him? I find him enormously likable

When he first arrived I hoped he become a great coach by the time he hit 40. Now I’m thinking it will be more like 50. I’m too old to wait out another decade.

Time for a change.

Blog Entries

The OP is basically correct. Pitino has earned another year. I'm not optimistic about next year being better than this year, but he deserves the chance to prove us wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cjbfbp View Post
    Now, now, I didn't do what you claim and I agree with your second sentence. I thought I made that clear.
    You did. I agree. My frustration with all the fire Pitino threads was not directed at you but a general observation.
    Winasota Gopher now takes me seriously.....you should too.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    The OP is basically correct. Pitino has earned another year. I'm not optimistic about next year being better than this year, but he deserves the chance to prove us wrong.
    Indeed. And I don't mind being proven wrong if that happens. It's happened often enough in my life that I'm used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    That is your uninformed opinion. The year is not over and there are still a lot of good players that he is most certainly talking to that you are not aware of, but let's not let that stop you from being upset and making a stink about it.
    I don't care who he's talking to and neither should you. I only care if he closes the deal. Good Lord, you're a whiny little putz. You don't even have the talent to insult someone with bravura.

I'm good with him coming back.

Now if he could just get Hurt to pull a Jimmy Chitwood!

Quote Originally Posted by GopherVotary View Post
    Ideally, the Gophers have a great NCAA run which prompts someone else to hire him away from us.
    Or pick up a couple of quality spring recruits because of a deep NCAA run.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GopherVotary View Post
    Ideally, the Gophers have a great NCAA run which prompts someone else to hire him away from us.
    oh boy...another bucky fan

Hang in there guys. We made the NCAA tournament without a point guard. I am very hopeful that Pitino lands some good recruits this spring. This year has been frustrating. Not only with our play, but with numerous tough breaks on officiating. We're due for some good things to happen with recruits and the ball bouncing our way. I'm excited for the possibilities and I believe that Pitino can have many good years ahead.

This season has been successful enough that I think it would be silly to fire him (though not as silly as firing a coach with a better six year record in 2013). That said, I assume his seat will stay warm unless he wins a tourney game. 6 years without one would he bad, probably needs to win one this year or next. Here's hoping he gets that tourney win this month.