Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Default To my fellow Pitino "haters"

Please excuse my presumptuousness in speaking for us as a group.

Many of us wanted him gone. We all know the reasons why so there is no reason to rehash them here.

As far as this season, the question is: Did Pitino do enough to save his job? I think the answer is a clear "Yes." The team will have at least 20 wins this year and a very likely NCAA tournament appearance; that's a significant one-year turnaround. At least 20 wins is pretty good with this team (which, let's face it, did not have much depth in talent) in a very competitive conference and tonight was a gutsy win, warts and all.

So, I feel fine cheering for as much success as possible for the team (and the coach) for the rest of this year. At this point, I'm not terribly optimistic about next year, so we can commence bitching about Pitino and begging for him to be fired then.

Quote Originally Posted by cjbfbp View Post

Many of us wanted him gone. We all know the reasons why so there is no reason to rehash them here.

As far as this season, the question is: Did Pitino do enough to save his job? I think the answer is a clear "Yes." The team will have at least 20 wins this year and a very likely NCAA tournament appearance; that's a significant one-year turnaround. At least 20 wins is pretty good with this team (which, let's face it, did not have much depth in talent) in a very competitive conference and tonight was a gutsy win, warts and all.

So, I feel fine cheering for as much success as possible for the team (and the coach) for the rest of this year. At this point, I'm not terribly optimistic about next year, so we can commence bitching about Pitino and begging for him to be fired then.
    This is very a very Minnesotan post. Can you guys ever enjoy anything?

Blog Entries

Bingo!!! +100

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have been one who called for him to be fired in the past and I’m really really not psyched about some of the recruiting momentum, but he absolutely has saved his job with this run. Good for him. I hope we get some breaks and have a run to remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jmag21 View Post
    I have been one who called for him to be fired in the past and I’m really really not psyched about some of the recruiting momentum, but he absolutely has saved his job with this run. Good for him. I hope we get some breaks and have a run to remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ditto.

Well, I'm sure that puts his mind at ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
    Well, I'm sure that puts his mind at ease.
    Insipid and gratuitous reply. Obviously, the post wasn't addressed to Pitino. I'm sure he's happy as a clam after tonight's game. Why is it that people like you can't be more clever than you are? Were you just born with these limitations or have you been working on them your whole life?
    Last edited by cjbfbp; 03-14-2019 at 08:26 PM.

Blog Entries

Pitino did so well that he'll leave for a new job.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthSeeker View Post
    Pitino did so well that he'll leave for a new job.
    Well, I suppose that is possible but I swear I wasn't thinking about that.

He’s back. Could be his best team next year. Try enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by upnorthkid View Post
    Well, he'll have to get really busy on spring recruiting. Pull in a two or three good (or even decent) recruits and even I'll be a believer.

Quote Originally Posted by upnorthkid View Post
    Some fans (espcially MN fans) enjoy and prefer misery.

Holy passive aggressiveness in this thread.

Ideally, the Gophers have a great NCAA run which prompts someone else to hire him away from us.

Well, he'll have to get really busy on spring recruiting. Pull in a two or three good (or even decent) recruits and even I'll be a believer.
    That is your uninformed opinion. The year is not over and there are still a lot of good players that he is most certainly talking to that you are not aware of, but let's not let that stop you from being upset and making a stink about it.