To my fellow Pitino "haters"

To my fellow Pitino "haters"

Nice to keep the trolls hiding under their bridges tonight eating their rats. Amazing how many fewer posts there are on Gopherhole after a big win. Go Gophers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jordan Adams was who was out, and he was not their best player. Larry Drew II and Shabazz Muhammad were both first-team All-Pac 12, and Kyle Anderson was second-team.

I've posted it here before, but I believe something like 7 or 8 players on that UCLA team had at least a cup of coffee in the NBA. It goes without saying, but zero Gophers did.

No one (I should say, no one being honest) considered it a "favorable draw" at the time. The revisionist history is mind-boggling.

Jordan Adams was at a minimum close to their best player if not the best that year. He was a leader of the team, who did a bit of everything. Second leading scorer, third most minutes played per game, 2 assists per, and highest percentage FT shooter. Shabazz was a huge disappointment, and everyone questioned his motor, see T-wolves days as evidence of that.

Mind-boggling huh? A supremely entitled, underachieving team that was a constant disappointment to UCLA fans without one of their best players wasn't a favorable draw? I'm not trying to trash the Gophers 2012-13 season, I loved that team. I'm stating the obvious. Anyone who watched that game should have realized that UCLA wasn't even happy to be there, they stunk. It was a good draw whether or not people who live over 1,000 miles away realized at the time.

For the record, your use of language on here stinks, it reeks of insecurity.

Nice to keep the trolls hiding under their bridges tonight eating their rats. Amazing how many fewer posts there are on Gopherhole after a big win. Go Gophers!

Way to prove that there are assbags on both sides of the issue.

Replace Pitino with Musselman!

I've certainly been critical of Pitino and the team's performance at various points during the season. But personally, I love Pitino as a person and even if he ends up going somewhere else to coach, I'll be cheering for him to succeed there.

That said, he's had one hell of a game plan against Purdue this season. Kind of crazy that we had the opportunity to be 3-0 against them this season and Edwards was shut down in all 3 games.

Replace Pitino with Musselman!

The same Musselman whose team just got waxed in the semifinal of a nothing-burger conference tournament? The guy who built his roster with transfers and jucos?

Maybe not.

Jordan Adams was who was out, and he was not their best player. Larry Drew II and Shabazz Muhammad were both first-team All-Pac 12, and Kyle Anderson was second-team.

I've posted it here before, but I believe something like 7 or 8 players on that UCLA team had at least a cup of coffee in the NBA. It goes without saying, but zero Gophers did.

No one (I should say, no one being honest) considered it a "favorable draw" at the time. The revisionist history is mind-boggling.

Absolutely true. They were a very good team with future pros Ike Muhammad who did play the game. And we had a great game ad won.

Gave several names of guys that would come here but it does not matter, we are keeping our guy. Would be shocked though if he ever finishes ahead of Gard.

Two years ago Pitino finished ahead of Izzo and Beilein in the Big Ten and you don’t think he will ever finish ahead of gard?

Absolutely true. They were a very good team with future pros Ike Muhammad who did play the game. And we had a great game ad won.

Good win for sure, but a team with that talent that was a six seed extremely underachieved.

Six players that played in that game played in the NBA (Muhamed, Powell, Wear twins, Drew, and Anderson) but as others have said, Vegas actually had the gophers favored in that game.

IIRC the gophers were 1st in the country in offensive rebounding that year and UCLA was close to last in defensive rebounding and as a result, several analysts picked the gophers as a popular upset pick. I specifically remember Jay Bilas talking about how it was about as bad of a matchup for UCLA as they could have had.

Not that it wasn't a great win though, I was and still am very proud of beating them by 20 points but many at the time absolutely did consider it a favorable matchup.

Last edited:

I guess it is a good thing we didn't fire Pitino and replace him with Mussleman in between the Penn state and Purdue games. I say we give him at least one more game to prove that he can coach... What say the haters?

Maybe because satisfied customers have less to say. I called to compliment to service manger of a car dealer recently he said: "you are the first person to ever call in and say good job, people always call to complain." Dissatisfied voices are apparently more motivated than satisfied ones.

He made the tournament, he deserves another year. I'm not sold he's the coach to get our program to the point where I want it to be, but he deserves another year. Hopefully Coffey comes back for his senior season, we get a surprise recruit this spring, he signs some of the top players in the next couple of classes from Minnesota and he proves me wrong. He deserves the chance to accomplish that.

I guess it is a good thing we didn't fire Pitino and replace him with Mussleman in between the Penn state and Purdue games. I say we give him at least one more game to prove that he can coach... What say the haters?

One game shouldn't make or break him. Needs to be on a whole body of work and prospect for the future.

Maybe because satisfied customers have less to say. I called to compliment to service manger of a car dealer recently he said: "you are the first person to ever call in and say good job, people always call to complain." Dissatisfied voices are apparently more motivated than satisfied ones.

Very true.

There is an old joke on that very same phenomena:

A young boy named Max is 9 years old but has never spoken. One day he is at the dinner table, spits out a mouth of food, and cries out, "Ugh! That's terrible!" His astonished parents say "Max! You can talk! Why have you never spoken before?"

Max replied: "Everything was OK until now."

The same Musselman whose team just got waxed in the semifinal of a nothing-burger conference tournament? The guy who built his roster with transfers and jucos?

Maybe not.

Im not saying Musselman should be the guy, but who cares what he did in his conference tournament. Most people can't remember, at least accurately, how a team does in its conference tournament. Let's wait and see how Nevada does in the NCAA's before we start ripping Musselman. The Gophers could have easily lost against Penn State and Pitino would be a goat. We won and then beat Purdue and now he's a hero. We could easily lose to Michigan today and then Central Florida next Thursday and then he'll be a goat again. Nevada could make the Elite 8, then how would Musselman look? Would anyone care that they lost in their conference tournament semifinals?

Last edited:

Very true.

There is an old joke on that very same phenomena:

A young boy named Max is 9 years old but has never spoken. One day he is at the dinner table, spits out a mouth of food, and cries out, "Ugh! That's terrible!" His astonished parents say "Max! You can talk! Why have you never spoken before?"

Max replied: "Everything was OK until now."

cjbfbp funny...tough to fight human nature!

I really hope we extend pitino. After this run in the big, there is no reason not to. Next thing that happens is pitino bolts for Kansas when self leaves. We can’t have that!

26ffd7fbe24abe58452b1abbee0daafc.jpg

Maybe not.

Yes, that guy. The guy who runs a better system and is a better coach.

Yes, that guy!

What's wrong with jucos and transfers. I bet we have at least 2 who start next year on our roster. One is already here.

Two years ago Pitino finished ahead of Izzo and Beilein in the Big Ten and you don’t think he will ever finish ahead of gard?
Well, Pitino's probably going to have to have more winning conference record seasons to do so. I am hoping some of Wisconsin's recent lackluster recruiting classes eventually catch up with them. But at worst they still will probably be 500 in conference or slightly better with the system they play. Injuries to starters may be the only reason they ever finish with a losing record like last season.

I really hope we extend pitino. After this run in the big, there is no reason not to. Next thing that happens is pitino bolts for Kansas when self leaves. We can’t have that!

Is this a serious post?

Im not saying Musselman should be the guy, but who cares what he did in his conference tournament. Most people can't remember, at least accurately, how a team does in its conference tournament. Let's wait and see how Nevada does in the NCAA's before we start ripping Musselman. The Gophers could have easily lost against Penn State and Pitino would be a goat. We won and then beat Purdue and now he's a hero. We could easily lose to Michigan today and then Central Florida next Thursday and then he'll be a goat again. Nevada could make the Elite 8, then how would Musselman look? Would anyone care that they lost in their conference tournament semifinals?

So actual winning doesn’t matter now. Isn’t that why you hate Pitino because he had a real bad season about 4 years ago?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So actual winning doesn’t matter now. Isn’t that why you hate Pitino because he had a real bad season about 4 years ago?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First I don't hate Pitino, I don't even know him. I actually think he deserves another year and have said that on this board several times. I have concerns about Pitino, some of which I don't want to air out on this board, and most of my problems with Pitino center around recruiting.

I want to the Gophers to be good. Honestly, 40-70 over six seasons, with three of six seasons in the bottom 4 of the conference isn't good to me....even with two B1G Tournament semifinal appearances. The point I was making in the post above was that let's wait and evaluate Musselman's year with Nevada based on everything....the regular season, conference tournament and NCAA tournament. I haven't even thought of Musselman being a candidate to coach the Gophers because honestly, I haven't expected that the Gophers would have a coaching opening this off season.

The same group that get upset at people ripping Pitino after one loss want to extend his contact after one win.

Cant make it up.

First I don't hate Pitino, I don't even know him. I actually think he deserves another year and have said that on this board several times. I have concerns about Pitino, some of which I don't want to air out on this board, and most of my problems with Pitino center around recruiting.

I want to the Gophers to be good. Honestly, 40-70 over six seasons, with three of six seasons in the bottom 4 of the conference isn't good to me....even with two B1G Tournament semifinal appearances. The point I was making in the post above was that let's wait and evaluate Musselman's year with Nevada based on everything....the regular season, conference tournament and NCAA tournament. I haven't even thought of Musselman being a candidate to coach the Gophers because honestly, I haven't expected that the Gophers would have a coaching opening this off season.

that doesn't sound ominous at all

The same group that get upset at people ripping Pitino after one loss want to extend his contact after one win.

Cant make it up.

Don't try to use some post that was obviously either a troll or someone being sarcastic as fuel for your agenda.

Be pretty tough to recruit if the the players think you might be gone by the end of this season or at best you have one to prove yourself. Kind of a self fulfilling prophecy. "you have one more year to prove you can attract good players... or we fire you"

Especially with some of the negative fans.

Top Bottom