Which are the richest and poorest Power Five college football programs? #23 Minnesota

Among urban schools in competitive sports markets, Minnesota is #2 behind Washington and ahead of Miami, USC, Georgia Tech, TCU, and Arizona State

Is this bump mostly from the big ten pot of revenue?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Is this bump mostly from the big ten pot of revenue?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Yes.

I hadn’t realized that Fleck negotiated that contract, but apparently he did and is responsible for this increase in revenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.

I hadn’t realized that Fleck negotiated that contract, but apparently he did and is responsible for this increase in revenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of B1G teams near the bottom of the list. Fleck didn't write the article.

A lot of B1G teams near the bottom of the list. Fleck didn't write the article.

Poorly written article in that everyone on the list counts revenue differently. Purdue’s gross revenue is less than their TV contract. Which likely means they don’t count the TV as football revenue even though it is essentially football revenue.

Poorly written article in that everyone on the list counts revenue differently. Purdue’s gross revenue is less than their TV contract. Which likely means they don’t count the TV as football revenue even though it is essentially football revenue.

I agree, but isn't a big part of the TV contract the B1G Network, which kind of means all sports, even though it is mostly football and basketball? there is no way the Gophers create a ton of revenue considering they don't get close to filling even their small stadium.

I agree, but isn't a big part of the TV contract the B1G Network, which kind of means all sports, even though it is mostly football and basketball? there is no way the Gophers create a ton of revenue considering they don't get close to filling even their small stadium.

Yes.
So everyone is counting their TV revenue differently is essentially my take from the article.

Yes.
So everyone is counting their TV revenue differently is essentially my take from the article.

That's the big thing I'm getting from it too. This article says a lot of nothing.

The Gophers count 80% of their media revenue as football revenue. Purdue and Rutgers clearly aren't doing the same since they get the same amount of TV money as the Gophers yet their total football revenue is less than our football media revenue. If you don't count TV revenue as football revenue for Minnesota, they slide down to 61st with $28.8 million.

This is extremely lazy journalism.

That's the big thing I'm getting from it too. This article says a lot of nothing.

The Gophers count 80% of their media revenue as football revenue. Purdue and Rutgers clearly aren't doing the same since they get the same amount of TV money as the Gophers yet their total football revenue is less than our football media revenue. If you don't count TV revenue as football revenue for Minnesota, they slide down to 61st with $28.8 million.

Small point, but Rutgers and Maryland aren't getting the full revenue shares that the other 12 conference members are, and won't until 2020-21.

Agreed it's lazy. There's probably an easy way for everyone to do this accounting the same...just use the data I'm sure BTN has internally and portion it out based on how the network values each sport in the contract. I would guess basketball is a bigger part of that pie since there's so many more games, nights, and ad slots.

Top Bottom