Games to watch today - 3/14

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
For those bubble watchers...

Big Ten
Ohio St vs Indiana - your choice. Loser could be out, winner could be in. OSU is slightly more in right now.
Maryland vs Nebraska - Maryland
Minnesota vs Penn St - I like Minnesota more, so I'll pull for them
Illinois vs Iowa - Don't pull for Illinois to steal a bid

ACC
Virginia vs NC State. Go Virginia
Duke vs Syracuse. Syracuse is likely in, but in the small, small chance they aren't, root for them to lose. I'll be interested to see what seed they get compared to the Gophers.

Big East
Creighton vs Xavier. Go Xavier. This should kill Creighton who is bubble. We then would want Xavier to lose tomorrow.
Marquette vs St. Johns. Go Marquette
Georgetown vs Seton Hall. Both are bubble, but Seton at this point is more in. Probably better for them to win and kill any bubble chance for Georgetown

Big 12
K-State vs TCU. Go K-State. TCU is likely in, but still root for K-State
Iowa St vs Baylor. Root for Iowa St. Both are in, but Baylor losing could help Gophers seeding if Gophers win.
Kansas vs Texas. Go Kansas. Texas was in on most brackets recently, but have fallen off after their loss to TCU. Some "experts" still say they are in, but losing another game would put them at 16-16 on the year which would be a new benchmark for an at-large.

SEC
Arkansas vs Florida. - Florida losing should kill them on a strong bubble, but this is a weak bubble, but them losing would only help all other bubble teams
Bama vs Ole Miss - Bama is currently out. Miss is currently in. Root for Miss.

PAC12
UCLA vs Arizona St. - Arizona St is bubble, but the main concern in the Pac12 is that Washington or Arizona St advance. Ideally, Arizona St loses and Washington wins the automatic bid, but worst case is they both lose, and they both still get in.
USC - Washington - We want Washington to win the automatic bid, but if they happen to lose, they are still a questionable bid compare to the Gophers, but still probably in.

MAC
Buffalo over Akron
N. Illinois over Toledo who is outside outside "bubble"

Mountain West
Nevada over Boise St
New Mexico vs Utah St.
Utah St is bubble. Lose they might be out, but if Nevada doesn't win the conference, we want Utah St to win it.

I don't see Illinois stealing a bid. They'd have to win the tournament. They are 12-20

Right...point is don't let anybody else get in as a bid stealer that has no chance without winning a conference tournament.

The "anybody but Iowa" shouldn't apply here. Get rid of Illinois before they make a run. Same logic applies if Nebraska starts to get on a run.

EDIT: meant to respond to post above

Right...point is don't let anybody else get in as a bid stealer that has no chance without winning a conference tournament.

The "anybody but Iowa" shouldn't apply here. Get rid of Illinois before they make a run. Same logic applies if Nebraska starts to get on a run.

EDIT: meant to respond to post above

Illinois playing in Chicago I can maybe see it. There is zero chance of Nebraska winning 4 more games. Zero.

Wolfpack up by 2 at half over Virginia.

I don't see Illinois stealing a bid. They'd have to win the tournament. They are 12-20

Agreed.
So they can die now and so can Nebraska.

Let's get it down to the 7-8 who would go anyway.

Baylor looks like toast down 14 to the Cyclones.

NC St still up over Virginia! Boy would that piss off Badgers!

Illinois playing in Chicago I can maybe see it. There is zero chance of Nebraska winning 4 more games. Zero.

I don't disagree with you, but my rooting interest this week will be cheer for the teams that have a bid locked up and cheer against those that don't. Almost without exception.

I turned the OSU-IU game on with OSU up 10 at 70-60. About 30 seconds later it's 72-69.

I turned the OSU-IU game on with OSU up 10 at 70-60. About 30 seconds later it's 72-69.

Evidently, we aren't the only fan base that deals with those type of endings.

OSU got the win they needed.
Depending on results of games, Indiana could still be on the bubble.

For those bubble watchers...

Big Ten
Ohio St vs Indiana - your choice. Loser could be out, winner could be in. OSU is slightly more in right now.

ACC
Duke vs Syracuse. Syracuse is likely in, but in the small, small chance they aren't, root for them to lose. I'll be interested to see what seed they get compared to the Gophers.

Big East
Creighton vs Xavier. Go Xavier. This should kill Creighton who is bubble. We then would want Xavier to lose tomorrow.
Georgetown vs Seton Hall. Both are bubble, but Seton at this point is more in. Probably better for them to win and kill any bubble chance for Georgetown

Big 12
Iowa St vs Baylor. Root for Iowa St. Both are in, but Baylor losing could help Gophers seeding if Gophers win.
Kansas vs Texas. Go Kansas. Texas was in on most brackets recently, but have fallen off after their loss to TCU. Some "experts" still say they are in, but losing another game would put them at 16-16 on the year which would be a new benchmark for an at-large.

SEC
Arkansas vs Florida. - Florida losing should kill them on a strong bubble, but this is a weak bubble, but them losing would only help all other bubble teams

PAC12
UCLA vs Arizona St. - Arizona St is bubble, but the main concern in the Pac12 is that Washington or Arizona St advance. Ideally, Arizona St loses and Washington wins the automatic bid, but worst case is they both lose, and they both still get in.
USC - Washington - We want Washington to win the automatic bid, but if they happen to lose, they are still a questionable bid compare to the Gophers, but still probably in.

MAC
Buffalo over Akron

Mountain West
Nevada over Boise St
New Mexico vs Utah St.
Utah St is bubble. Lose they might be out, but if Nevada doesn't win the conference, we want Utah St to win it.

Updates so far.

Big Ten

ACC

Big East

Big 12

SEC

PAC12

MAC
Buffalo over Akron

Mountain West
Nevada over Boise St
New Mexico vs Utah St.
Utah St is bubble. Lose they might be out, but if Nevada doesn't win the conference, we want Utah St to win it.[/QUOTE]

Updated.
Creighton lost. Still bubble but won't pass Gophers.

Big Ten

ACC

Big East

Big 12

SEC

PAC12

MAC
Buffalo over Akron

Mountain West
Nevada over Boise St
New Mexico vs Utah St.
Utah St is bubble. Lose they might be out, but if Nevada doesn't win the conference, we want Utah St to win it.[/QUOTE]

Washington and Nevada both win their first games in their task to win their conference titles.

Big Ten

ACC

Big East

Big 12

SEC

PAC12

MAC
Buffalo over Akron

Mountain West
Nevada over Boise St
New Mexico vs Utah St.

Washington and Nevada both win their first games in their task to win their conference titles.

Top Bottom