Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Block M View Post
    Put Pitino at Florida and see how he does...
    Fat chance of that happening. This high esteem for Pitino crosses the line into the irrational, perhaps even the surreal.

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    I honestly wish we (and everyone else) would stop paying attention to Doogie.

I can do his job while at my actual job, where I do actual things.

"The Gophers will win or lose tonight. And that might or might not help recruiting. It also might or might not lead to Pitino keeping or losing his job"

Anyone else want me to report on stuff?

Maybe Miles saved his job for another year with today's W using 6 scholarship players. They beat Bucky tomorrow and there's no way he gets fired, meaning Doogie would need to find another landing spot for Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post

Anyone else want me to report on stuff?
    Please do. I will purchase a subscription to your fine journal *right* now. I'm willing to pay up to $250 per week, however that is at least somewhat negotiable. Why don't you have your people call my people, and let's do lunch.

Keep in mind: multiple transfers could mean 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    Keep in mind: multiple transfers could mean 2.
    Or in the case of Matz, one.

If the ncaa is going to allow immediate availability if there’s a coaching change, this will be a very interesting spring

Like Doogie, this thread made me dizzy.

Pitino might as well recruit kids from NCSA-dot-org with the success he has had recruiting.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    "The significant problems we face can not be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein

The rest of the conference is quite happy Pitino will return.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGopher View Post
    Maybe Miles saved his job for another year with today's W using 6 scholarship players. They beat Bucky tomorrow and there's no way he gets fired, meaning Doogie would need to find another landing spot for Fred.
    UW will take them apart.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityGopher View Post

I think it has already been decided regardless of how far they go that Miles is out. The AD didnít even attend their game today and instead was supposedly in California for his sonís spring game at Cal, which isnít until Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    FiveStarFan is my biggest fan

Pitino's buyout is under 3 million, I can't imagine that being the reason why I change isn't made. If Coyle decides to retain Pitino after this year, he kind of needs to give him an extension or he's in the same place recruiting as he was this past year. If it's not a real extension (ie doesn't increase his buyout), I am not sure that does anything to make kids more comfortable committing to him. Missing on all the top 2020 kids would obviously be unacceptable.

Hopefully Pitino wins some games in the tournament starting next week and establishes himself...and hopefully Doogie's "sources" regarding the other things are as spot on as they usually are with regards to the other stuff.

Miles would be a great assistant for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MinnGopher View Post
    Also am curious about the multiple transfers comment...go look at the roster and tell me you could even dream of multiple guys transferring off of this roster,? Hurt, Curry, IWash are the only that I think would transfer. Willis and Carr just sat a year, stockman/stull/murphy/McBrayer all graduate, and I really don't Oturu or Gabe transferring. Unless he is referring to walk-ons I don't see it.
    "There's no way there are going to be multiple transfers. Now watch as I almost immediately name two probable transfer candidates."

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    "There's no way there are going to be multiple transfers. Now watch as I almost immediately name two probable transfer candidates."
    IALTO