Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    I'm not ready to throw Omersa out yet. He's only a freshman. Not every freshman is going to be a contributor. But you want guys to stick around. More upperclassmen you have, the better you can compete with the big boys
    Isn't Omersa like a full year younger than the average freshman? There is a lot of potential there. He would have done well to go the prep school route.

Quote Originally Posted by Otis View Post
    Isn't Omersa like a full year younger than the average freshman? There is a lot of potential there. He would have done well to go the prep school route.
    or redshirt

A lot of hearsay and speculation, but there are a few nuggets that I would tend to believe - specifically that there has been dialogue between Nebraska interests and Hoiberg and that Musselman would have some interest in this situation. Coyle is so tight-lipped that anything attributed to him feels like pure speculation. My speculation would be that, like many/most of us, he likes Pitino and enjoys working with him but has nagging doubts about his abilities and potential for growth and recognizes that his conference record is historically bad by any measure.

Pitino is staying.
    IW is transfering to probably St. Johns.
    The 2020 guys: No Suggs or Carlson, Dainja and Walton yes. 50/50 on Dawson. I'm not blown away with Dawson's ability to score down low for a PF but at 6'10 that might come as he gets stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by abrams View Post
    Pitino is staying.
    The 2020 guys: No Suggs or Carlson, Dainja and Walton yes. 50/50 on Dawson. I'm not blown away with Dawson's ability to score down low for a PF but at 6'10 that might come as he gets stronger.
    Based on what source do you think this?

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyJamesMD View Post
    I gauge that Coyle likes Pitino and really wants to keep him. So I think it will take two major things to happen to let him go. #1 Stinker against Penn State, stinker in round 1 of NCAA (if they make it). #2 - Coyle has a strong feeling that recruiting is lagging. Those two items maybe would push Pitino out the door. But I think he has about a 70% chance of staying.

Transfer candidates - IW and Hurt. Anyone else? Omersa? I hope not him. He needs time to develop.
    You mean the guy that has Minnesota tattooed across his back? Don’t think so..l

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pitino is staying.
    Call me crazy, but I feel Suggs could come here. Not saying it's the highest percentage, but not out of the question.

Omersa isn't going anywhere.

Pitino is staying.
    Why would St. Johns have interest? They'll essentially be down a scholarship next year while he sits out (we've seen how that can hurt a program fighting for an NCAA birth) and he hasn't shown a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by alchemy2u View Post
    You mean the guy that has Minnesota tattooed across his back? Don’t think so..l

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I don't think Omersa is going anywhere, but didn't Khalid El Amin get a tattoo of MN on his arm and then pick UCONN?

Blog Entries

I'm hearing Doogies gets a cut from Hoiberg's agent. But also maybe not.

If we make the tournament, I don't think Coyle makes a move. Firing your coach after making the NCAA's twice in a row is going to get you mocked nationally, especially when you're Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    I'm hearing Doogies gets a cut from Hoiberg's agent. But also maybe not.

If we make the tournament, I don't think Coyle makes a move. Firing your coach after making the NCAA's twice in a row is going to get you mocked nationally, especially when you're Minnesota.
    Saying a team made it to the NCAA tourney two years in a row when they didn't will also get you mocked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CentralGopher View Post
    Saying a team made it to the NCAA tourney two years in a row when they didn't will also get you mocked.

thats not what he meant.

He meant that MN already fired a coach (Tubby) that went to the NCAA in his final season. It would look bad if we did it twice, as in to two different coaches

Quote Originally Posted by UpAndUnder43 View Post
    I honestly wish we (and everyone else) would stop paying attention to Doogie.

I can do his job while at my actual job, where I do actual things.

"The Gophers will win or lose tonight. And that might or might not help recruiting. It also might or might not lead to Pitino keeping or losing his job"

Anyone else want me to report on stuff?
    Thank you. I was just saying this in another thread. That or he says something stupid that someone objects to and then he will find the biggest idiot in the mentions who says something outlandish and then he quotes them and replies as its some sort of validation. I wouldn't care if he put out reports like these with nothing in it, but then actually at least answer to the criticism and questions. Right now he gets offended because there is zero content in anything he writes or has no sources, and then he tries to validate his writing to those who criticize by putting idiots in their place and he gets offended.

Blog Entries

I'm referencing firing Tubby after making the NCAAs and doing it again this time.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It is hackin howie, after all.....