Doogie on Hoiberg/Nebraska, Pitino job security, recruiting, transfers and more

Suggs may surprise us and come play with his cousin. Tre is a four star talent and a lot better than Michael Hurt in appealing to Matthew coming here.

I've heard Dainja is a big Gopher guy and so is Garcia. I'd certainly be happy getting those three.

The kid from Hopkins would be icing on the cake.

Also am curious about the multiple transfers comment...go look at the roster and tell me you could even dream of multiple guys transferring off of this roster,? Hurt, Curry, IWash are the only that I think would transfer. Willis and Carr just sat a year, stockman/stull/murphy/McBrayer all graduate, and I really don't Oturu or Gabe transferring. Unless he is referring to walk-ons I don't see it.

Also am curious about the multiple transfers comment...go look at the roster and tell me you could even dream of multiple guys transferring off of this roster,? Hurt, Curry, IWash are the only that I think would transfer. Willis and Carr just sat a year, stockman/stull/murphy/McBrayer all graduate, and I really don't Oturu or Gabe transferring. Unless he is referring to walk-ons I don't see it.

Yeah, none of the freshmen are going anywhere. Hurt could go but if he wants to play with his brother, but what blue blood is going to waste a scholly on Michael? I don't think Curry is leaving he has a clear path to a starting gig. Coffey would only leave for the NBA.

Isaiah is the only one that makes complete sense. I hear his dad has a backache and he needs help from time to time.

Yeah, none of the freshmen are going anywhere. Hurt could go but if he wants to play with his brother, but what blue blood is going to waste a scholly on Michael? I don't think Curry is leaving he has a clear path to a starting gig. Coffey would only leave for the NBA.

Isaiah is the only one that makes complete sense. I hear his dad has a backache and he needs help from time to time.

IW's dad is not in the picture I believe. If he wants more PT and feels the only way that is possible is to leave, then that is his right and you can't fault him, but I think he likes his teammates. Hurt is the one who I think will go 100% and grad transfer.

I don't think Omersa is going anywhere, but didn't Khalid El Amin get a tattoo of MN on his arm and then pick UCONN?

Have you listen to any of Omersa’s interviews, he bleeds maroon and gold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Omersa, Gabe and Oturu aren't going anywhere unless Pitino is fired.

I see what you did...[emoji40][emoji855][emoji856][emoji2958]

Doogie probably knows less than we do

He basically is saying the same thing as the threads about coaching changes on this baord

The reality is that Richard Pitino has very good job security. If Minnesota fires him he'll have little trouble finding his next coaching job. Put Pitino at Florida and see how he does...

Sorry folks, but I'll take this season's record (and hopefully an NCAA tourney berth). Next year could and maybe should be better with the same staff and expected returnees.

Did Doogie mention whether they'd fire Miles directly after beating Maryland or would they wait until they get by Wisconsin tomorrow?

Last edited:

IW's dad is not in the picture I believe. If he wants more PT and feels the only way that is possible is to leave, then that is his right and you can't fault him, but I think he likes his teammates. Hurt is the one who I think will go 100% and grad transfer.

I would also agree that it would be Hurt if there was a second guy. Why not try to actually play if you enjoy it and get a year of a masters degree somewhere for free? Or here...although I wouldn't care if he was gone that much

Put Pitino at Florida and see how he does...

Fat chance of that happening. This high esteem for Pitino crosses the line into the irrational, perhaps even the surreal.

I honestly wish we (and everyone else) would stop paying attention to Doogie.

I can do his job while at my actual job, where I do actual things.

"The Gophers will win or lose tonight. And that might or might not help recruiting. It also might or might not lead to Pitino keeping or losing his job"

Anyone else want me to report on stuff?

Maybe Miles saved his job for another year with today's W using 6 scholarship players. They beat Bucky tomorrow and there's no way he gets fired, meaning Doogie would need to find another landing spot for Fred.

Anyone else want me to report on stuff?

Please do. I will purchase a subscription to your fine journal *right* now. I'm willing to pay up to $250 per week, however that is at least somewhat negotiable. Why don't you have your people call my people, and let's do lunch.

Keep in mind: multiple transfers could mean 2.

Keep in mind: multiple transfers could mean 2.

Or in the case of Matz, one.

If the ncaa is going to allow immediate availability if there’s a coaching change, this will be a very interesting spring

Pitino might as well recruit kids from NCSA-dot-org with the success he has had recruiting.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The rest of the conference is quite happy Pitino will return.

Maybe Miles saved his job for another year with today's W using 6 scholarship players. They beat Bucky tomorrow and there's no way he gets fired, meaning Doogie would need to find another landing spot for Fred.

UW will take them apart.

I think it has already been decided regardless of how far they go that Miles is out. The AD didn’t even attend their game today and instead was supposedly in California for his son’s spring game at Cal, which isn’t until Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pitino's buyout is under 3 million, I can't imagine that being the reason why I change isn't made. If Coyle decides to retain Pitino after this year, he kind of needs to give him an extension or he's in the same place recruiting as he was this past year. If it's not a real extension (ie doesn't increase his buyout), I am not sure that does anything to make kids more comfortable committing to him. Missing on all the top 2020 kids would obviously be unacceptable.

Hopefully Pitino wins some games in the tournament starting next week and establishes himself...and hopefully Doogie's "sources" regarding the other things are as spot on as they usually are with regards to the other stuff.

Miles would be a great assistant for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"There's no way there are going to be multiple transfers. Now watch as I almost immediately name two probable transfer candidates."

Top Bottom