***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS PENN STATE BTT IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Why no delay of game whistle? We went from having 13 seconds to get a last shot off to 6 because Penn State guy knocked the ball away to flex

Thank God the eye test is a real metric.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Once again, no explainable reason on God's earth to wait until late in the shot clock to start the offense, but Pitino somehow thinks it's a brilliant strategy. Right up there with assigning point guard duty to someone who commits careless turnovers with regularly, including and especially at the top of the key, allowing a runout by your defender. This end-of half situation will be my exhibit A as i prosecute the case of why this coach needs to go.

Once again, no explainable reason on God's earth to wait until late in the shot clock to start the offense, but Pitino somehow thinks it's a brilliant strategy. Right up there with assigning point guard duty to someone who commits careless turnovers with regularly, including and especially at the top of the key, allowing a runout by your defender. This end-of half situation will be my exhibit A as i prosecute the case of why this coach needs to go.
Coffey turned it over? how is that on the coach? if they run a play, there's like 10 seconds at most for Penn St. to try and score at the other end, even less time if we make a basket

Coffey turned it over? how is that on the coach? if they run a play, there's like 10 seconds at most for Penn St. to try and score at the other end, even less time if we make a basket

Don't put him in that position. I wouldn't.

Hard to argue your point after watching poor coaching and ridiculous displays of bad basketball like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you counselor for your opening statement and now we will proceed to call witnesses.

Our starting 1 and 2 guard both struggle mightily to dribble the basketball. That is not a recipe for success.

Our starting 1 and 2 guard both struggle mightily to dribble the basketball. That is not a recipe for success.

it is quite annoying seeing them try to pass out of the half court press. if we had a real PG the guy would just dribble out of it

Huh? Typically you want your best playmaker with the ball in a position to create at the end of a half.

Exactly my point. He shouldn't be our point guard. No fan I've talked to thinks that's a sound strategy.

Gophers aren't playing well, two starters on the bench for most of the first half, missed fouls by Stevens, not getting bounces...and still down just 4.

Relax. Just a few corrections and they're solid.

Huh? Typically you want your best playmaker with the ball in a position to create at the end of a half.

Shouldn't "best" be in quotation marks?

Good Murphy (10 points and 9 rebounds) but bad Coffey (2 points and 1 rebound) so far. We are probably lucky to be only down 4 with Coffey playing poorly.

McBrayer and Coffey both having problems controlling the ball against the PSU guards. Matz and Brock played well enough. Just need to play great defense in the second half and hope Coffey or Gabe can get hit from outside. I think the Gophers hit one three in the first half.

When will an assistant explain to Pitino that when the game clock has more time left than the shot clock, there is no reason to run it down all the way? Good lord.

Gophers aren't playing well, two starters on the bench for most of the first half, missed fouls by Stevens, not getting bounces...and still down just 4.

Relax. Just a few corrections and they're solid.

Watkins spent almost the entire half on the bench with 2 fouls for PSU but he scored 6 points in the few minutes he was in there. What if he wakes up and stays out of foul trouble?

As Coffey goes, so go the Gophers. If he shows up in the 2nd half, Gophies win. If not, they lose. Simple.

When will an assistant explain to Pitino that when the game clock has more time left than the shot clock, there is no reason to run it down all the way? Good lord.

As God is my witness, I've been fully expecting Pitino to learn from one of these experiences. He hasn't. It's the hallmark of arrogance and doesn't lend hope that he's on a track for the miraculous career turnaround that the blind hopers keep waiting for.

A good ball-handler he is not. He is ok coming off a curl receiving a pass with some momentum and movement toward the basket. But doing an NBA one-on-one with a good defender? Are you kidding me? What games have you been watching this year?

This is an all time low for PG play at Minnesota. If '97 Bobby Jackson somehow laced 'em up tomorrow we're a 2 seed.

This is an all time low for PG play at Minnesota. If '97 Bobby Jackson somehow laced 'em up tomorrow we're a 2 seed.

Bobby wasn't a PG for the Gophies. That was Eric Harris. But still, you're probably right.

Coffey needs to sit. Attitude adjustment time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The effort by Coffey is absolutely pathetic. I don't see any of the guys on the teams we are playing just give up and let a guy have a wide open layup because they choose not to work. F'in pathetic.

Team is afraid to shoot the 3.. really disappointing on that front considering Coffey and McBrayer have been plus 3-point shooters in their career, yet we cannot rely on either of them. Gabe even lacks confidence shooting the ball right now. Really bizarre

Team sure hasn’t looked so great since Pitino declared we were going dancing after beating Purdue. Maybe you save that statement until after selection Sunday.

Top Bottom