***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS PENN STATE BTT IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
It's Tourney time Gophers fans!!!! We avoided Weakling Wednesday and now face a formidable Penn State squad that we can't overlook. While it feels like we'll get in Dance regardless, let's leave no doubt and make a run this weekend.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tickets were so cheap on seat geek I snagged a set of 4 in the 300s for $14 after fees with a promo code! I’ll be in 307 prior to sneaking down

I think there is a very good possibility the Gophers win this by 10 points or more.

In the regular season game Stevens had 27 points and was 3 for 3 from 3. He's a 22% shooter from the 3 line, so good luck going 3-3 again. Nobody else had more than 10 points for PSU.

Murphy Oturu and Curry combined for 40 of our points with Murph getting 19pts and 21 rebounds. Coffey shot 3 of 14 for a mere 11 points. McBricks had 10 and Gabe was not in double figures.
We had 13 turnovers as well and we have not been producing that many as of late. Coffey was not nearly as efficient at running the point as he is now. Stockman did not play but could be huge defending the paint.

I do not see PSU being able to stop Murphy and Oturu from getting their averages and Coffey should continue his hot streak. Would love to see Gabe have a big game as well.

Projection:

Gophers 76 - Penn State 64 with 24 points from Stevens.

I think there is a very good possibility the Gophers win this by 10 points or more.

In the regular season game Stevens had 27 points and was 3 for 3 from 3. He's a 22% shooter from the 3 line, so good luck going 3-3 again. Nobody else had more than 10 points for PSU.

Murphy Oturu and Curry combined for 40 of our points with Murph getting 19pts and 21 rebounds. Coffey shot 3 of 14 for a mere 11 points. McBricks had 10 and Gabe was not in double figures.
We had 13 turnovers as well and we have not been producing that many as of late. Coffey was not nearly as efficient at running the point as he is now. Stockman did not play but could be huge defending the paint.

I do not see PSU being able to stop Murphy and Oturu from getting their averages and Coffey should continue his hot streak. Would love to see Gabe have a big game as well.

Projection:

Gophers 76 - Penn State 64 with 24 points from Stevens.
Do not underestimate the ability of the Gophers to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. If I have learned one thing this season it's that players have breakout games when they play against the Gophers.
I'll take a win by hook or by crook.

The only game I didn't watch this year was the PSU game (was at a wedding) so I can't speak to that. I saw them play a few times this year against other teams. Stevens is really good. Need to either neutralize him or neutralize every one else. Don't let the bit players win the game for PSU.

I think the Gophers have a coin-flip chance to win every game they play in the rest of this season. Hopefully we get lucky and it lands on heads a few times in a row!

Stevens is not a good match up for the Gophers. He is too big to guard with our wings and Murphy is too slow to stay with him, Oturu too.

Best bet is to harass him and let him get his but make damn sure you clamp down on the other 4 players on the court.

Would be nice to get him into early foul trouble by going inside to whoever he's guarding early and often.

It’s going to be a Stevens vs Murphy slugfest. Stevens is a load and if Murphy plays him even up in points or close to it the Gophers win going away.

Stevens is not a good match up for the Gophers. He is too big to guard with our wings and Murphy is too slow to stay with him, Oturu too.

Best bet is to harass him and let him get his but make damn sure you clamp down on the other 4 players on the court.

Would be nice to get him into early foul trouble by going inside to whoever he's guarding early and often.
Matz actually accomplished this with Bruno.

The only game I didn't watch this year was the PSU game (was at a wedding) so I can't speak to that.

In watching PSU recently, I think the changes since we played them are the following:

1) Their young guards are much improved. They were quick before but now appear to be more confident and effective on offense.

2) Watkins appears to be in better shape than earlier in the season and the center backup appears more confident than earlier in the season.

Anyone else a big fan of the live game stats on the U of M official app? It's the best way to keep track of the game.

Gophers don't have a good enough offense to compensate for lazy defense.

Shooting 10% won’t get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gophers are simply a horrendous offensive basketball team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabe picks up a lot of fouls for a guard.

Murphy making FT's is a bonus. Now we need to get Coffey going .

Stull.....to slow grasshopper

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ungodly stupid foul. Thought about it for an instant - and still committed it.

Gophers sleepwalking. Pitino obviously convinced them they have a bid in the bag

Top Bottom