***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA VS PENN STATE BTT IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Lakers612: lacking a true PG doesn't help... I thought the Gophers had a lot of good looks today. great high-low action. good job isolating our bigs on theirs and getting them in foul trouble..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the high-low stuff looked pretty good at times, but it led to quite a few TOs, and when it isn't there, we have a big with the ball 30 feet from the basketball without guard movement. For long stretches of the game we just seem to stand or run an ineffective pick-and-roll where people catch the ball and aren't a threat to score.

Thanks and congrats to you as well!

I took Illinois at +170, just .5 unit for me for some fun (degan gambling)...
Damn, if I could afford, time and money, to fly to Vegas regularly like you Big Spenders....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

4d53487047f3e9b17ce0f00ab95f2d92.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great win! Now I can watch the next few days stress free. I can even root for teams I needed to root against lol

Pleasantly surprised that we were able to come back and will themselves to victory. Props to Coffee on finding a way to contribute after an uninspiring first 30+ minutes. This probably guarantees us a non play-in game, which is nice. I still don't think Pitino should be back next year. A lot of our success seemed to be from incredible individual efforts. I cannot stand the stagnant offense, low bball IQ, and silly fouls. It also blows my mind we can't get Gabe open looks.

At the end of the day, though, it's great to know this gopher season will end in the Dance. That doesn't happen every year, and I'm thrilled for the Seniors to be able to get back to the postseason; they deserve it.

This person speaks for me.

That was both an encouraging comeback and a discouraging game. Why did it take so long to finally bring a tougher double on Stephens? Why did this team look disengaged for so much of the game? How many possessions ended with end of shot clock heaves? Why was there no timeout when Dupree didn't go immediately at the end of regulation?

I felt like Murphy had a low key really solid game. We needed all his rebounding in this one as both Daniel and Matz (especially Matz) were not really matching the physicality of Penn State to put it nicely.

Feel great for Dupree having a couple of big moments. Him making that 3 to respond after Penn State hit that prayer to take the lead in OT was the shot of the game. He's definitely had a rough Senior year (I am not sure he's ever gotten healthy...at times he looks like a below average athlete out there when he was certainly above average his first two seasons), but he's made huge plays to win at Wisconsin, to save a collapse against Iowa, and now today he was the key guy late to assure the Gophers stay out of the play in game. Those are some pretty nice moments for anyone to have as a Senior.

I don't believe we were ever close to a play-in game.
We lose, we would have been a 10-11.
St. Mary's wasn't going to move ahead of us. Nor Indiana. Nor Creighton.

It will be nice to have a stress free next three days since the last two and a half hours took 37 years off my life.

This is far from a tournament team. Lifeless. Don't even look like they wanna play for Pitino anymore.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Really?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was both an encouraging comeback and a discouraging game. Why did it take so long to finally bring a tougher double on Stephens? Why did this team look disengaged for so much of the game? How many possessions ended with end of shot clock heaves? Why was there no timeout when Dupree didn't go immediately at the end of regulation?

I felt like Murphy had a low key really solid game. We needed all his rebounding in this one as both Daniel and Matz (especially Matz) were not really matching the physicality of Penn State to put it nicely.

Feel great for Dupree having a couple of big moments. Him making that 3 to respond after Penn State hit that prayer to take the lead in OT was the shot of the game. He's definitely had a rough Senior year (I am not sure he's ever gotten healthy...at times he looks like a below average athlete out there when he was certainly above average his first two seasons), but he's made huge plays to win at Wisconsin, to save a collapse against Iowa, and now today he was the key guy late to assure the Gophers stay out of the play in game. Those are some pretty nice moments for anyone to have as a Senior.

Discouraging? Come on! Atmosphere was somewhat dead and the game was a clunker for the most part, but a win against a hot PSU team is nothing to sneeze at. In the dance for what should have been the third consecutive year with no Curry and no IW. I'll take ti.

This is far from a tournament team. Lifeless. Don't even look like they wanna play for Pitino anymore.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Negative nelly. Go cheer for Bucky

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It will be nice to have a stress free next three days since the last two and a half hours took 37 years off my life.

It's always a thrill when the Gophers win, but that game was brutal, and I didn't like that brand of basketball. This team could accomplish some things if they could clean this shat up.

Gophers MADE twice as many free throws as Penn St ATTEMPTED

I don't believe we were ever close to a play-in game.
We lose, we would have been a 10-11.
St. Mary's wasn't going to move ahead of us. Nor Indiana. Nor Creighton.
For what it's worth, Lunardi had said the Gophers could likely end up in the play-in game if they had lost today.

What a relief though. It feels like the Gophers won their way into the tournament with this victory and the Purdue game instead of backing their way in.

Did we just lose by 30 to complete a winless season?

I wait until after the game (and sometimes the next day after a crushing loss) to post because if anyone could read my texts that I send out to my friends I sound just as unhinged as some of the posters here. It makes for some interesting reading post-game, however.

Also, I'd like to note that I have watched a ton of games this season and most teams play incredibly stupid and do dumb stuff over the course of the game. We don't having any vested interest in most of these games so we probably don't notice it but even elite teams like Gonzaga just make head scratching decisions at times.

This was a really important win and the team (including Pitino) should be commended for pulling this game out when things looked bleak for much of the game.

I look forward to tomorrow and posting around the same time, hopefully with a clear head!

As someone who unfortunately has had some tough family issues the last week or so, gotta admit this was the funniest things I’ve come across in awhile. Thanks!

Top Bottom