Default Who would you prefer to face?

If we get in as s 10 seed, who would you prefer to meet as the 7 seed (from Bracket Matrix current list)?
    7 Cincinnati
    7 Wofford
    7 Iowa State
    7 Louisville
    Or consider a couple low 6s and high 8s (if teams get shifted a line):
    6 Villanova
    6 Buffalo
    8 Central Florida
    8 VCU

I think that we either get Louisville or Iowa State because it's a story.

Louisville - Pitino angle.
    Iowa State - Proximity.

I'd probably rather play Iowa State.

Don't know much about the other teams, but Iowa State has been stinky the last three weeks - scrums in the locker room, shoving on the court, suspensions, lots of individual play from guys whose names are being bandied about by NBA scouts.

Central Florida would be the worst. They play great D and Murphy would be a non-factor with Tacko clogging up the paint.

Blog Entries

I'd take Wofford. I suspect they are a tad over-rated. I would want no part of Buffalo or Villanova.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    I'd take Wofford. I suspect they are a tad over-rated. I would want no part of Buffalo or Villanova.
    I guess I would take my chances with wofford too, but they have 2 of the top 26 three point shooters in the nation which might be a nightmare for us. Nobody will be easy.

Wofford
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Of those teams, I'm most confident we would beat ISU or VCU. Least: Cinci/Buffalo

Would love to play 'Nova. Big ratings, maybe help recruiting.
    Please consider donating to this site; especially if you are a frequent poster.

Wofford, VCU, Iowa State in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by GoGophersUMN View Post
    Wofford, VCU, Iowa State in that order.
    I want nothing to do with wofford. Have you watched them play? They have one of the best shooters in the country in McGee.

They have only lost 4x: to P6 teams on the road and all ranked. They played unc very tough, smoked a very average SCar team, beat Furman 2x and uncg 3x (both who are very good teams and could work NW imho)

I dont care who we play. Just play someone who can't shoot well.

Watched Wofford vs UNGC in the SoCon finals and they were flopping all over the place on crazy dumb 3 pointers and getting tons of calls. The refs gave the game to them in the last 5 mins. They didn't seem very good, but still don't want to play them.

Want no parts of Buffalo as I venture to say the result would be similar to Middle Tennessee in 2017. Their guards pressure you for a full 94 feet and we just don't have anyone who'd be able to navigate it with much consistent success.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk