Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Demonstrate, reason about, explain, convince, .... actually make an effort to try ....

You knew what was being asked, and you found a way to avoid it.
    You said prove. You didn't say reason about (I've done thousands of times), explain (I've done thousands of times), convince (I have probably done at least once?). You don't think I've tried to make arguments about the merits of capitalism and free markets?

You aren't very bright. Bernie is a good choice for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    You don't think I've tried to make arguments about the merits of capitalism and free markets?
    I’ve never seen them.

Blog Entries

It's not a pretzel. You don't understand what a free market is. Do you mean can bad things happen in a free market? Yes, they can.
    Does the free market itself ever fail, yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Does a system based on free prices, private property, and voluntary exchange ever fail? Is that what you are asking me? Fail at what? Your pathetic attempt at a gotcha question is an utter failure. I'm trying to help you and you can't get out of your own way. You probably still have no idea why, right? Ask it again.

Blog Entries

Does a system based on free prices, private property, and voluntary exchange ever fail? Is that what you are asking me? Fail at what? Your pathetic attempt at a gotcha question is an utter failure. I'm trying to help you and you can't get out of your own way. You probably still have no idea why, right? Ask it again.
    I ask a yes or no question and I get a 50 word pretzel. You in a nutshell. Now scream Hack! and concede defeat.

The answer is yes, of course.

Environmental Contamination

The environmental costs of production will never appear on a corporation's bottom line without government regulation.

Food Safety

Consumers who are physically harmed by contaminated food products will rarely be adequately compensated without government regulation.

Consumer Product Safety

Consumers who are physically harmed by defective products will rarely be adequately compensated without government regulation.

Unequal Distribution of Wealth

When wealth is not distributed on a relatively equal basis a small percentage of people will acquire most of the wealth while a large percentage will live in poverty without the necessary resources or ability to provide for the themselves and their families without government assistance.
    Last edited by Cruze; 03-15-2019 at 08:06 PM.

I ask a yes or no question and I get a 50 word pretzel. You in a nutshell. Now scream Hack! and concede defeat.
    The answer is no. It's a stupid question. I'm trying to help you out but you're just so ignorant and stubborn and arrogant, you think I"m avoiding your idiotic question.
    Last edited by Section2; 03-18-2019 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruze View Post

The environmental costs of production will never appear on a corporation's bottom line without government regulation.

Food Safety

Consumers who are physically harmed by contaminated food products will rarely be adequately compensated without government regulation.

Consumer Product Safety

Consumers who are physically harmed by defective products will rarely be adequately compensated without government regulation.

When wealth is not distributed on a relatively equal basis a small percentage of people will acquire most of the wealth while a large percentage will live in poverty without the necessary resources or ability to provide for the themselves and their families without government assistance.
    I object to the term "governmental regulation" as you are using it. The FDA doesn't compensate individuals who are poisoned.

Your last point is the biggest laugh. Nowhere in the world, nowhere in any industry, nowhere in history will you see anything distributed on a relatively equal basis. And with respect to your absolutely ludicrous "poverty" sentence, Venezuela and North Korea are the poorest places on earth. The US and the UK prior to "government assistance" programs? The least poverty.

In other words, the unregulated market can never fail if you specifically define failure in a way no one agrees with, such that it’s impossible to fail. Perfect

In other words, the unregulated market can never fail if you specifically define failure in a way no one agrees with, such that it’s impossible to fail. Perfect
    A free market enables the voluntary exchange among individuals. Does it fail? No. It enables the voluntary exchange among individuals.

Does it fail? No.
    See folks. This here is why libertarians get 5% votes. Works for me, they’ll never get in office.

See folks. This here is why libertarians get 5% votes. Works for me, they’ll never get in office.
    Because most voters are ignorant and stupid like you? Wear it like a badge of pride G4L. You've earned it.

Some people say libertarianism has never been tried. I say it has, but we called it feudalism. That's essentially what we're talking about: no governance, where the basic unit of organization is the private fiefdom.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    Some people say libertarianism has never been tried. I say it has, but we called it feudalism. That's essentially what we're talking about: no governance, where the basic unit of organization is the private fiefdom.
    And most importantly: the person with the most power (money) gets to do whatever he/she wants. Zero concept of fairness or justice, simply survival of the fittest (“buyer beware”).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cruze View Post

Food Safety

Consumer Product Safety

A projection of the Cruze/upper/broke personality flaws. Not many like him around. Thankfully.
    Kingdom Warriors