Twin Cities on short list of possible sites for Big Ten men’s basketball tournament

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

The Gophers men’s basketball team must travel to neutral sites for Big Ten tournament over the next four years.

After that, the door is open the tournament to be held in Minneapolis, according to an interview conference commissioner Jim Delany had Tuesday with the Chicago Tribune.

The No. 7-seeded Gophers will face No. 10 Penn State in a second-round tournament game at 6 p.m. Thursday in United Center in Chicago, the event’s usual home base. After the tournament was held in Washington D.C. in 2017 and New York City last year, it will stay in the Midwest for the next four years. After this year in Chicago, the tournament in be played in Indianapolis in 2020, Chicago in 2021 and Indianapolis in 2022.

“We also owe it to ourselves to look at venues in the Midwest that haven’t hosted,” Delany told the Tribune.

Asked specifically about Minneapolis, Detroit and Omaha, Delany said: “Those are three to think about. That probably covers the group that we would have conversations with.”

https://www.twincities.com/2019/03/...sites-for-big-ten-mens-basketball-tournament/

Go Gophers!!

I saw that quote - but I thought it was in reference to the B1G Football championship game.

I suppose it could be both.

Top Bottom