COFFEY TO TEST NBA INTEREST

I THINK COFFEE PROBABLY DID THIS AFTER ALL OTHER PREVIOUS SEASONS TO SOME DEGREE OR ANOTHER.

A junior testing the draft waters? Stop the presses.

Dips toe in... brrr, that’s cold.
Returns for senior year.

Haha! I’d expect a pretty cool response. Offensively OK, but so many other aspects need improvement to be NBA caliber... starting with grit and how he does without the ball - both ends of the court IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely a smart move for him. When he gets to cool response hopefully it really motivates him to improve his game and he has a monster senior year.

Absolutely a smart move for him. When he gets to cool response hopefully it really motivates him to improve his game and he has a monster senior year.

He will never change his game at this point. He thinks that he is the man destined to save every basketball game he plays in and the nine other players just yawn, except in the rare times he really does change a game and when he does it is a beautiful thing to behold. Sadly though, not often enough does he change a game, not even close.

When he is on he looks like the best player in the conference but I’m not sure why it happens only five times a year. I don’t think its effort but whatever it is we need him to play like he can or the season will end fast.

When he is on he looks like the best player in the conference but I’m not sure why it happens only five times a year. I don’t think its effort but whatever it is we need him to play like he can or the season will end fast.

My personal and totally unscientific opinion of Coffey, an opinion which is probably many, many, miles off, is that he suffers from an often total lack of concentration where he thinks that his skills will always work even when nothing is happening positively on the court that results in any tangible results. I want to make myself clear, he means for it to all work, sadly it just doesn’t work out all too often.

Would be awesome if he entered and got drafted. I love when hometown kids play for the hometown team and go on to get an NBA paycheck.

He will never change his game at this point. He thinks that he is the man destined to save every basketball game he plays in and the nine other players just yawn, except in the rare times he really does change a game and when he does it is a beautiful thing to behold. Sadly though, not often enough does he change a game, not even close.

Perhaps it will be good for someone else to tell him that. Some times when you get set in your ways you need an outsider to tell you what to do.

3 and D is all the rage in the league. If he can demonstrate he can effectively hit an NBA 3-pt jumper at a 35% clip, there is absolutely a place in the league for a 6-8, athletic, ball-handling player. Maybe not all-NBA, but this year he has shown immense improvement in all facets of his game. He gets in trouble being myopic about his game (e.g. off-balance floaters), but that's normal and anyone who plays basketball gets that way sometimes. 12 ppg frosh, 14 ppg soph, 16 ppg junior, 18-20 ppg senior, etc.

He's got a legit shot to make it.

Personally I think it's because of his shot. He's such a confidence shooter. When he doesn't hesitate on his shot it's actually a decent shot and when he's making outside shots it opens up his entire game. That and he's not a PG. In slow 'em down slogfests he is forced to facilitate the half court offense and that hasn't been great for him to get into a rhythm. He's certainly at his best when we're getting stops and pushing the pace.

I'm not sure of his pro prospects. On one hand he's got ideal size and athleticism. I think he might play better in the wide open NBA. But I'm also not sure he has good enough ball handling or consistent shot.

Last edited:

Top Bottom