All Things Final Four in Minneapolis Thread

Looks like there'll be a block party on Nicollet Mall each of the days (Fri thru Mon). Not sure what that entails, but it seems worth checking out. I think they're calling it the tipoff tailgate or something.

Looking forward to this. I wonder if it will be a tip of the cap to the local music scene the way the Super Bowl did it.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Looks like a great crowd at the Target Center for the dunk and 3 point contest.

On CBS Sports Network at 3:30. Admission is free for anyone thinking of going.

Going to try to get out of work early enough to see the game with the fam. Would love to cheer on Murph one last time and happy to hear he is healed up.

Has anyone checked out the Nicollet mall entertainment lineup? Obviously I’m not the target demographic as I’m approaching 50, but i was hoping for something like the super bowl musical event on Nicollet mall with tons of good Mpls bands.

Has anyone checked out the Nicollet mall entertainment lineup? Obviously I’m not the target demographic as I’m approaching 50, but i was hoping for something like the super bowl musical event on Nicollet mall with tons of good Mpls bands.

I've only seen one band per day advertised. Off the top of my head, Fitz and the Tantrums are playing one of the days, maybe Monday?

I've only seen one band per day advertised. Off the top of my head, Fitz and the Tantrums are playing one of the days, maybe Monday?

Download the Final Four app for your phone if you want a full schedule of everything going on. Today some band named Belladivas is playing at 7:30 on Nicollet Mall.

Just heard an announcement at the MSP airport from coach Pitino welcoming fans to the Final Four. Nice touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Went to watch Murph today. Liked the elevated court (barn style), didn't like the black curtains. I get why they needed curtains for the roof, but why black? Street party was okay, nothing too great. As others have said, Fan Fest is great for a 10 year-old kid. There were far more Michigan State fans than the other three, but maybe that'll change by tomorrow as flights start coming in.

Went to watch Murph today. Liked the elevated court (barn style), didn't like the black curtains. I get why they needed curtains for the roof, but why black? Street party was okay, nothing too great. As others have said, Fan Fest is great for a 10 year-old kid. There were far more Michigan State fans than the other three, but maybe that'll change by tomorrow as flights start coming in.

I walked up and down the Nic. Mall after work today and was a little underwhelmed by the whole set up. it was not bad, but after what was done in the same space for the Super Bowl, I sort of expected something similar.

I know getting Sheila E, The Time, and Bob Mould maybe was a stretch, but they could have found a way to get some good local live music going on the main stage to keep the office worker crowd down there would have been pretty easy.

I think they only have one big act, Fitz and the Tantrums playing one day, Monday. The Super Bowl model for the Nicollet mall was good, and should have been followed.

Been waiting in line for 40 minutes to get into fanfest and that is with capital one card priority. What a mess

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Is the court in the middle of the stadium? If not, anyone know which side (section numbers) are closer? Tough to tell on Stubhub

Is the court in the middle of the stadium? If not, anyone know which side (section numbers) are closer? Tough to tell on Stubhub

Pretty much right in the middle. Sight lines are better than what I thought they'd be.

Pretty much right in the middle. Sight lines are better than what I thought they'd be.

Thanks. My friend randomly got tix to the F4 in Detroit in 2009 and they put the court in one corner of the field. Our seats were of course in the opposite corner in the upper deck. On Saturday we found 2 seats much closer. We left at halftime of the championship game because MSU was getting boatraced and we couldn't see anything anyway.

Top Bottom