McKinley Wright named 1st Team All-Pac 12

And I heard on a message board full of lunatics he's going to transfer to his home school state and be immediately eligible.

I didn't necessarily say he couldn't or wouldn't. Just saying what I heard and that I heard it would be to his home state.

And he won't.

You didn't hear it. You read it on Gopherhole, which is a random message board. Your comment was in reference to his Pac 12 honor, which doesn't change his transfer status.

And I heard on a message board full of lunatics he's going to transfer to his home school state and be immediately eligible.
Lol... that would be silly considering he has the keys to a team that's arguably going to take a major step forward with everyone coming back next year off a 19-11 team. Just an absolutely brutal miss by Pitino.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

You didn't hear it. You read it on Gopherhole, which is a random message board. Your comment was in reference to his Pac 12 honor, which doesn't change his transfer status.
Oh you got me.

He’s not transferring.

He does not have a transfer status.

Lol... that would be silly considering he has the keys to a team that's arguably going to take a major step forward with everyone coming back next year off a 19-11 team. Just an absolutely brutal miss by Pitino.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

He had the chance to commit if he wanted to be here.

He had his chance to commit here twice. I hate when people say we chose one over the other.

So either way it's a bad reflection on Pitino, if he was a high priority and couldn't sign him it calls into question his recruiting ability, if he wasn't a high priority and didn't recruit him hard it is a reflection of his evaluation ability, either way it is a huge miss.

So either way it's a bad reflection on Pitino, if he was a high priority and couldn't sign him it calls into question his recruiting ability, if he wasn't a high priority and didn't recruit him hard it is a reflection of his evaluation ability, either way it is a huge miss.

Yeah, one way or another we tried but didn't get him.

He does not have a transfer status.

Every player in the country has a transfer status if they have eligibility.

Either they plan to transfer, don’t plan to transfer or aren’t sure if they plan to transfer. Those are statuses. Or statoos per a google search

Blah, blah, blah... broken record.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't necessarily say he couldn't or wouldn't. Just saying what I heard and that I heard it would be to his home state.

And he won't.

How can we will this rumor into reality? Doogie, you now have 2 sources...go!

No you didn't. You'd have a hard time finding one or two guys, let alone "a board full of lunatics" that he is transferring here.

This year 1st team all SoCon> Pac12

He had his chance to commit here twice. I hate when people say we chose one over the other.

And for all the heat Pitino takes for his roster management, I think it’s an unfair take that Pitino should have held off on the 4 star that was ready to commit here in hopes that he could a 3 star local kid. A 4 star in the hand is not worth a 3 star in the bush apparently.

You can't just wait around for a kid when you only have 2 schollys available. McKinley was given great treatment and was recruited hard. He was going to have some issues getting enrolled and had an AAU program coach who is not supportive of the U. IW visited after and committed. McKinley still was a priority and given every chance. There are a ton of reaches and misses by Pitino, this one wasn't his fault.

You can't just wait around for a kid when you only have 2 schollys available. McKinley was given great treatment and was recruited hard. He was going to have some issues getting enrolled and had an AAU program coach who is not supportive of the U. IW visited after and committed. McKinley still was a priority and given every chance. There are a ton of reaches and misses by Pitino, this one wasn't his fault.

It's a bottom line business. You're judged on results. Ultimately he brought in the lesser player who ends up on the bench in the doghouse without the coach knowing what the heck to do with him. Like I said somewhere else, when you recruit a guy, know what you're getting and how you're going to use him. If he's a bad fit, that's on you.

No you didn't. You'd have a hard time finding one or two guys, let alone "a board full of lunatics" that he is transferring here.

I heard it on a board full of lunatics.

Not

I heard it from a board full of lunatics.

We'd have been much better this year with either Wright or Crandall taking over the PG role. Could've been the difference in a few of our closer games which is also the difference between an oddly disappointing year we're having and being a borderline top 25 squad

Well, now that I think about it, we can't say for sure that he would have had the same numbers here under Pitino. Pitino might have gotten irritated with him, reduced his minutes, and had him play behind McBrayer (or, who knows, maybe even Stull on occasion). :)

Great news! He and Carr will be quite the duo next year.

Go Gophers!

Last edited:

Well, now that I think about it, we can't say for sure that he would have had the same numbers here under Pitino. Pitino might have gotten irritated with him, reduced his minutes, and had him play behind McBrayer (or, who knows, maybe even Stull on occasion). :)

Actually his minutes/numbers as a freshman would've been quite a bit less. He would have been behind Mason at PG at least at the start of the season.

It's a bottom line business. You're judged on results. Ultimately he brought in the lesser player who ends up on the bench in the doghouse without the coach knowing what the heck to do with him. Like I said somewhere else, when you recruit a guy, know what you're getting and how you're going to use him. If he's a bad fit, that's on you.

Don't disagree and like I said there are other ones to get worked up over missing and that Pitino should be rightfully judged negatively on. McKinley was recruited hard and chose to not take the opportunity to be here. Some of that is on him. Plus what has IW done that screams he was a bad person or teammate or bad character/work ethic? It's just not working out and I'm not saying Pitino is free of blame, but his is probably minimal here. It's hindsight and I wanted Wright even when we got Washington, but Wright obviously got scared of the competition as well because he still could've came here.

If only RP could force guys to commit. That'd be awesome.

Better yet, it would be great if we could will away other offers to places like Duke and Stanford.

Or if kids felt the "obligation" to play for the home school as opposed to actually experiencing different places.

Top Bottom