Going to the BTT for the first time, any tips?

goldenfuture5

Reaction score
Three of us are going to the Thursday and (hopefully) Friday games. Already have a hotel just off the Mag Mile.

Thoughts on tickets? You can get in the door for $10 on SeatGeek and it feels like it'd be fairly easy to sneak down to the first level given I don't expect, you know, 15K for PSU-Minnesota. Anyone have experience in this department?

Better to take a Lyft or use public transit?

Good bars near the United Center?

Anything else I should know?

thank in advance fellow Gophs

Three of us are going to the Thursday and (hopefully) Friday games. Already have a hotel just off the Mag Mile.

Thoughts on tickets? You can get in the door for $10 on SeatGeek and it feels like it'd be fairly easy to sneak down to the first level given I don't expect, you know, 15K for PSU-Minnesota. Anyone have experience in this department?

Actually the Ushers/Security staff at the UC are pretty vigilant about keeping those that do not have Lower Bowl tix out. It can be done but be prepared to get the boot, especially for the evening and Saturday sessions as they are more fully staffed.

Last edited:

I agree with Ope on seat poaching. If you make friends with an usher, you'll be okay, but make sure you're not trying to poach seats likey occupied by someone else. There are a lot of corporate, etc. seats that might be "empty" the whole weekend.

In the past there has been a pretty convenient bus down Michigan Avenue to UC. Not sure if they will have it again.

The biggest flaw of Chicago over Indy is the lack of hospitality in walking distance from the arena. There are a few places reasonably close, and you might be able to hitch a bar bus to and from the arena. I took a really shady looking one a few years back that ended up being a good deal. Other than that, a ride service is your best bet, but I have no idea how that will work in the crowds.

Expect substantially larger crowds on Friday than Thursday.

I find it a great time. Obnoxious fans are generally at a minimum. 13 games in five days only brings out the diehards. Hope that Illinois doesn't win any games. Everything will be much more comfortable.

I hope you have a flex ticket if you are only watching Minnesota!

Top Bottom