Shama: Taylor Hopeful Former Gopher Ryan Saunders Keeps Job

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Shama: Taylor Hopeful Saunders Keeps Job

In a telephone interview with Sports Headliners, Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor made his feelings known about interim head coach Ryan Saunders.

Is the 32-year-old who took over for Tom Thibodeau in early January a strong candidate to have the job on a permanent basis after this season ends? “Certainly,” answered Taylor.

So there’s a good chance Saunders becomes the head coach this spring?

“I think that’s fair,” Taylor said. “He is sure the leading candidate at this point because we haven’t talked to anybody (else). I am not sure (if others will be interviewed); we’ll see how that ends up at the end of the year, but I certainly want to give him every opportunity we can.”

Saunders’ record as interim coach is 12-14 going into tonight’s home game against the Knicks. While the record is under .500 and the team is a long shot to make the playoffs, Taylor takes an understanding view toward Saunders.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Glen's love of the country club as hurt him. Also, lets remember, he has gone outside twice to hire Basketball VP's and both times it failed him (Kahn/Thibs). He needs to hire someone smart that is going to hire a good GM

How can an owner be hopeful about whether or not a coach gets the gig, of coaching HIS basketball team?

STUPID, Stupid, stupid!!!

Maybe he could get Joe Smith!

When your employer hopes you can remain employed with him...time to start looking elsewhere.

I mean the team is only giving up like 124 per game in the 14 losses.
Why wouldn’t they just gift him the job.

I'll forever be grateful to Glen for buying the Wolves and keeping them in MN. But that's where the adoration ends. He needs to sell the team. The Wolves need new ownership - cut the country club mentality out, get new fresh ideas and owners. From the Joe Smith debacle, to recycled coaches, he has just made one bad decision after another. Time to step-aside Glen - please sell.

This is the dumbest thing I read today.

Glen must have forgotten he owns the team.

Top Bottom