Hornibrook transferring to FSU

Was hoping you meant Fresno when I read the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Florida State sounds like a good fit for him, they have no depth at all there behind James Blackman, and Blackman himself is very inexperienced.

I feel like you don't usually see northern kids going down south? I know that one Mpls metro OL went to Alabama, that was weird, but I guess now and then it happens.

I feel like you don't usually see northern kids going down south? I know that one Mpls metro OL went to Alabama, that was weird, but I guess now and then it happens.

Last time Florida state has a Midwest quarterback they won a national title I think

Chris Weinke, of Cretin-Derham Hall, won a Heisman with FSU.

How is their OL down at FSU?

Bad. Really really bad. From what I read one of the worst in P5. Probably not great for a guy with concussion history. But if he wants to play at the p5 level, not many places with a better opportunity to do so than FSU

Interesting, and a little bit different destination than the ones being guessed when the news came out that he was transferring. Not exactly the FCS destination some were predicting.

Bad. Really really bad. From what I read one of the worst in P5. Probably not great for a guy with concussion history. But if he wants to play at the p5 level, not many places with a better opportunity to do so than FSU

Kinda sounds like not many better ... but still pretty low on the places a QB should want to go...

Interesting, and a little bit different destination than the ones being guessed when the news came out that he was transferring. Not exactly the FCS destination some were predicting.

I was one of them figuring he'd be going to a low end FBS or FCS school. Most grad transfers go to where they have a really good chance of starting right away. That's not even close to a given for Hornibrook at FSU.

I was one of them figuring he'd be going to a low end FBS or FCS school. Most grad transfers go to where they have a really good chance of starting right away. That's not even close to a given for Hornibrook at FSU.

Maybe this is more about Hey i'll get a shot at a big time program and if it doesn't work out I can enjoy Florida....

Only time will tell if those predictors you are referencing were right about where he should have gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James Blackman is a 6'6" Gumby figure who could likely see some extended time out of service. Given reason events at Crimenole Nation, they are definitely desperate for back up help.

I wonder if FSU watched the highlights of the Wisconsin-Minnesota game this year. The Gophers made him look pretty bad.

I wonder if FSU watched the highlights of the Wisconsin-Minnesota game this year. The Gophers made him look pretty bad.

FSU probabbly did, and thought they were better than their own highlights ;)

It's a great landing spot for Hornibrook. If he goes FCS he disappears from the CFB scene and is very unlikely to get drafted. At FSU he's likely relevant even if he doesn't do amazing and if it works for him he could get drafted.

Top Bottom