Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by STPGopher View Post
    I'll eat the steak for you. I know what you mean. I had the experience in reverse. Worked at a pizza place in my youth. Took me a few years before I could even eat pizza again. Now I'm back to loving it.
    My blasé experiences could have something to do with the fact that, outside of anniversaries in recent years, I’m typically enduring the insufferable d*****baggery of industry sales, management types at these establishments. With friends we tend to steer towards various ethnic restaurants. Just me: good with pizza, burgers, or chicken wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Pompous Elitist View Post
    My blasé experiences could have something to do with the fact that, outside of anniversaries in recent years, I’m typically enduring the insufferable d*****baggery of industry sales, management types at these establishments. With friends we tend to steer towards various ethnic restaurants. Just me: good with pizza, burgers, or chicken wings.
    I tend to track the same way with the exception of throwing a nice personally seasoned steak on the barbie. I could do that 3-4 times a month in the Summer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    I tend to track the same way with the exception of throwing a nice personally seasoned steak on the barbie. I could do that 3-4 times a month in the Summer.
    Agree with both of you. The pleasure of Minneapolis/ Saint Paul, and most all of California is you can find a variety of cuisine. It's nice to change up. It seems like most who dine at "ethnic" restaurants are down to earth. I put ethnic in quotation marks even though we all say it and know what it means, aren't all restaurants are ethnic?

Regarding steaks, If I go to the right market/ butcher shop I can get a nice cut that will rival a steakhouse. Prime, and even Wagyu is available if you look for it.

Corned beef for this week though. Too much St. Paul in me...