Sid: U.S. Bank Stadium has made a pitch to host the Big Ten championship game

Would love to see that.

What are the odds realistically? Probably not good? Are we too far West and North? Plus our weather could be a factor, right?

Wonder when the decision will be made for this game.

I don't understand why the site doesn't rotate. There is nothing special about Indianapolis.

Keep it in Indianapolis. Centrally located for all teams.

Actually indianapolis sucks so bad I'd rather at least see them go with a west site and an east site.

Actually indianapolis sucks so bad I'd rather at least see them go with a west site and an east site.

I have spent a lot of time in Indy, several big sporting events, have always been very impressed with downtown Indy. I am curious why you think Indy sucks?

I have spent a lot of time in Indy, several big sporting events, have always been very impressed with downtown Indy. I am curious why you think Indy sucks?

As far as a city to visit goes I think MSP, Chicago, NYC, DC, hell even Detroit was more fun to visit than Indianapolis. Personal preference I suppose. But they would need a dome city for that time of year.

True. It's not Nebraska.

I don't understand why the site doesn't rotate. There is nothing special about Indianapolis.

The city does a nice job hosting stuff. Lots of things in very close proximity to the stadium. I've been there a lot.

The city does a nice job hosting stuff. Lots of things in very close proximity to the stadium. I've been there a lot.

How is that special? MPLS doesn't do a good job hosting stuff? Everything in downtown is walking distance to the new metrodome.

My aunt and uncle used to attend the BIG basketball tourney every year a few years ago. They said that they always liked it when it was in Indianapolis vs Chicago, because everything (their hotel, bars, restaurants) were all downtown, by the venue, and easy to get to. We have the same advantages in Minneapolis, as does Detroit. So yes, rotate between the 3 domes.

My aunt and uncle used to attend the BIG basketball tourney every year a few years ago. They said that they always liked it when it was in Indianapolis vs Chicago, because everything (their hotel, bars, restaurants) were all downtown, by the venue, and easy to get to. We have the same advantages in Minneapolis, as does Detroit. So yes, rotate between the 3 domes.

Chicago has that special charm where if you walk two blocks the wrong direction you are in deep trouble. Granted that was when we went to the Frozen Four at the United Center...

Rotating between the 3 domes seems the most fair. I don't see why teams closest to Indiana should always get the game close to them. Location isn't a big deal since all 3 are in major metro areas with big airport.

Chicago has that special charm where if you walk two blocks the wrong direction you are in deep trouble. Granted that was when we went to the Frozen Four at the United Center...

Yep, Chicago made a huge mistake when they put United Center where they did. I suppose it was financial as they couldn't afford land near downtown or Lakeshore Drive. Been there a couple times and you are absolutely correct about trouble not being far away. And good luck getting a cab after the game. Few and far between. Probably better with Uber and Lyft these days but we stood outside arena a good 30 minutes before our turn for a cab came around.

That would make sense if people still had to travel there by horse.
By train, auto, plane... it's still centrally located. Plus it keeps the riff raff out of Minnesota. [emoji41]

It's a dry county...[emoji479][emoji479][emoji479]

That would be really awesome if U.S. Bank hosted a Big Ten Championship game. I'd definitely be willing to fork over some dead presidents in order to see one.

I like Soldier Field for the Big Ten title game. Yeah, I know it's outdoors and weather may at times be a factor. I think that's a feature not a bug.

Why not settle things the way they were played? No Big Ten team plays indoors any more, and the sterile-feeling, indoor conference title game feels weirdly incongruent with the snow and puffy coats and visible breath that define the money games of late season Big Ten football. Let's show those wusses from the SEC and Big 12 some real football.

Plus, Chicago is the most happening Big Ten city and is the easiest to travel into of any conference hub.

I would be pro rotation. Detroit, Indy, Minneapolis seems like a good compromise for everybody. Easy to get to and big cities with lots to do.

Would love to see that.

What are the odds realistically? Probably not good? Are we too far West and North? Plus our weather could be a factor, right?

It's not like Indiana has great winter weather. US Bank is probably the nicest indoor stadium in Big 10 country at the moment.
And we have an airport with direct flights from all of the Big 10 cities.

Top Bottom