Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Craig McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    Iowa state has averaged 5.15 wins the last 20 years (Gophers average is 6.25), 5.1 wins the last 10 years (Gophers average is 6.1), and 4.8 wins the last 5 years (Gophers average is 7). They have a 4-10 all-time bowl record vs the gophers 8-12. Iowa State has spent only 48 weeks ever ranked in the AP Poll, vs Gophers 160 weeks. We have 7 national titles, they have zero (which by the way so does wisconsin). So by basically every recent measure, Iowa State is a worse football program than ours. In no way should they be used as a model. Not to mention we play in a more difficult conference. And our coach is better looking and more charismatic!
    ^

Not Lazy
    The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by #2Gopher View Post
    I have no clue. If he is a Iowa State commit, will he talk about that with other players who are looking around? That's why I ask. I'm curious. At what point do you realize that a person isn't going to change his mind and its best to move on and work on other players. Especially if a player prefers to play in a weaker conference.
    He wouldn’t really be committed if he was attending U of M activities.

2020 kid. He will probably change his mind a couple times still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

Has there ever been a kid with standing offers from Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa.....and ended up choosing Iowa State?

He will be the first I have to believe. Good for him on blazing a trail to Ames, Iowa.

Interesting decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers_4life View Post
    Lazy analysis is lazy.
    This coming from the guy who doesn't understand why anyone would want to go to the University of Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by tjgopher View Post
    Has there ever been a kid with standing offers from Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa.....and ended up choosing Iowa State?

He will be the first I have to believe. Good for him on blazing a trail to Ames, Iowa.

Interesting decision.
    He loved the view of the Barilla Pasta plant.

Quote Originally Posted by fmlizard View Post
    Strong-ass offers?
    I like your thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Word View Post
    Iowa state has averaged 5.15 wins the last 20 years (Gophers average is 6.25), 5.1 wins the last 10 years (Gophers average is 6.1), and 4.8 wins the last 5 years (Gophers average is 7). They have a 4-10 all-time bowl record vs the gophers 8-12. Iowa State has spent only 48 weeks ever ranked in the AP Poll, vs Gophers 160 weeks. We have 7 national titles, they have zero (which by the way so does wisconsin). So by basically every recent measure, Iowa State is a worse football program than ours. In no way should they be used as a model. Not to mention we play in a more difficult conference. And our coach is better looking and more charismatic!
    Non-lazy, but also dishonest, because the context of the discussion is since Matt Campbell has been their head coach.

MC - ISU - 2016, 2017, 2018 - 3-9 (2-7), 8-5 (5-4), 8-5 (6-3), with bowl games that last two.
    PJF - UM - 2017, 2018 - 5-7 (2-7), 6-7 (3-6), with a bowl game the last.

Similar trajectories. BT West and XII North would have been similar P5 divisions, but XII doesn't have divisions anymore, so will be tough for ISU to break past OU and Texas consistently, just like it would be difficult for Minn to break past OSU, Mich, PSU consistently.
    Last edited by Gophers_4life; 03-10-2019 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matt View Post
    This coming from the guy who doesn't understand why anyone would want to go to the University of Oregon.
    Never said any such thing.

Blog Entries

If a kid does not want to be here, we move on.
    Welcome to Badger Road Kill Country!

Non-lazy, but also dishonest, because the context of the discussion is since Matt Campbell has been their head coach.

MC - ISU - 2016, 2017, 2018 - 3-9 (2-7), 8-5 (5-4), 8-5 (6-3), with bowl games that last two.

Similar trajectories. BT West and XII North would have been similar P5 divisions, but XII doesn't have divisions anymore, so will be tough for ISU to break past OU and Texas consistently, just like it would be difficult for Minn to break past OSU, Mich, PSU consistently.
    You are basing a "model program" off of their most recent two years of performance, both of which were only 8-win seasons? By the way, I thought we were 7-6 last year, not 6-7?

By the way, I like Campbell and think he's done a good job at ISU. I just don't think they are anywhere near what I would consider a model program. I would consider Wisconsin or maybe Michigan State closer to model programs for us.
    Last edited by Word; 03-11-2019 at 06:45 AM.

He's also 0-3 vs Iowa.

If you really want to do trajectories "honestly", you need to include where they are starting from.

ISU:
    2014 - 2-10 (0-9)
    2015 - 3-9 (2-7)
    2016 - 3-9 (2-7) - YEAR 1
    2017 - 8-5 (5-4) - YEAR 2
    2018 - 8-5 (6-3) - YEAR 3

Minnesota:
    2015 - 6-7 (2-6)
    2016 - 9-4 (5-4)
    2017 - 5-7 (2-7) - YEAR 1
    2018 - 7-6 (3-6) - YEAR 2

You realize PJ won the bowl game don't you?
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

I really hate to agree with Gopher4Life on anything, but he’s right. I wouldn’t say “model” b/c Campbell is still progressing and not achieved the biggest goals yet.

Campbell is receiving interest from NFL teams for his success. Iowa State’s last 3 seasons of offenses are some of the most productive in Iowa State history and the last two years of defenses have been the best in the Big XII. This recruit plays DB.

The Big XII is not a “weak conference”. It has done well in the bowl season with quality wins and competitiveness the last couple years. The offenses are dynamic and the defenses generally do better against out of conference P5 opponents.