Craig McDonald

I've cooled on him.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

McDonald is a decent player. Nothing special but not bad. We can probably replace him with a player of equal caliber from out of state.

Where it hurts is from the standpoint of how it could affect Kaden Johnson, Terry Lockett and the 2022 Minnehaha kid we just offered. McDonald could have been the first domino and helped recruit the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Early yet. If the Gophers keep going up the standings and Iowa State stumbles, maybe we can reel him back home.

If he was a Nekton the currents wouldn't have dragged him down to Ames.

thank u, next

McDonald is a decent player. Nothing special but not bad. We can probably replace him with a player of equal caliber from out of state.

Where it hurts is from the standpoint of how it could affect Kaden Johnson, Terry Lockett and the 2022 Minnehaha kid we just offered. McDonald could have been the first domino and helped recruit the others.

Since Howard, the 2022 kid, went with McDonald; I think that we lose him if we don't get McDonald back. If Lockett gets a good basketball offer; I think that he and Suggs go that route. It seems that Iowa State is after many of the players the Gophers want. I think that we will need to realize that we will be battling Iowa State often, and not just for Minnesota kids.

Early yet. If the Gophers keep going up the standings and Iowa State stumbles, maybe we can reel him back home.

Iowa St has been doing the opposite of stumbling, if you paid attention to them the last two years.

They have a MAC head coach and are very much a model for what we can become, hopefully.

Iowa St has been doing the opposite of stumbling, if you paid attention to them the last two years.

They have a MAC head coach and are very much a model for what we can become, hopefully.

Please, the model for what we can become is not Iowa St. 8-5 is not the goal.

He's 8-5 the last two seasons in a weaker league. He has a couple more notable wins perhaps but that's setting a rather low bar IMO.

We only want kids who want to be Gophers. The nation is loaded with talent. We do not have to close the borders. That is a red herring. Let him go. I wish him luck in Ames. No hard feelings. Fleck isn't for everyone, but he is for what we need the win the West. Maybe even this year already.

I'll respect his decision. If he ain't rowing he ain't right for us.

Diehard I totally agree with your comment. If they want to go down a different road, we wish them well and we move on. With coach Fleck"s recruiting abilities there is no question in my mind that he can and will find someone with equal or better ability that wants to come to the Gophers and be a part of building this championship program that is truly on its way.

Last edited:

Curious. Do you still invite him to come to the Gopher football games, mingle with the other players, etc., or do you cut him off completely as he committed to that team to the south?

Curious. Do you still invite him to come to the Gopher football games, mingle with the other players, etc., or do you cut him off completely as he committed to that team to the south?

What do you think?

What do you think?

I have no clue. If he is a Iowa State commit, will he talk about that with other players who are looking around? That's why I ask. I'm curious. At what point do you realize that a person isn't going to change his mind and its best to move on and work on other players. Especially if a player prefers to play in a weaker conference.

You forgot to put sarcasm on your post! Nobody models themselves after anything in Iowa

Lazy analysis is lazy.

Iowa state has averaged 5.15 wins the last 20 years (Gophers average is 6.25), 5.1 wins the last 10 years (Gophers average is 6.1), and 4.8 wins the last 5 years (Gophers average is 7). They have a 4-10 all-time bowl record vs the gophers 8-12. Iowa State has spent only 48 weeks ever ranked in the AP Poll, vs Gophers 160 weeks. We have 7 national titles, they have zero (which by the way so does wisconsin). So by basically every recent measure, Iowa State is a worse football program than ours. In no way should they be used as a model. Not to mention we play in a more difficult conference. And our coach is better looking and more charismatic!

Last edited:

You don't invite him or even look at him. I'll give this guy kudos that he announced, and we can look elsewhere. Unlike that spoiled dad at Eden Prairie who had his kid coming to the gopher things, yet knew he was going to Notre Dame all along.

invite a 5 star in his place!

Top Bottom