When NCAA losses the Alston Trail

gopherhoopsguy

Reaction score
Would u still watch or attend the college games if kids were making 100,000?

Would u attend or support the U if none revenue sports are cut to support football?

Would u continue to donate to your college university?

Obviously there would be a new division to college sports, would Minnesota try to complete or stay in lower division?

There are so many fans that don’t care for the Pro game how big of a drop be in attendance?

When these kids start getting paid (not under the table) is when I completely switch to just watching mn highschool hockey and Man U

Would u attend or support the U if none revenue sports are cut to support football?

Obviously there would be a new division to college sports, would Minnesota try to complete or stay in lower division?

There are so many fans that don’t care for the Pro game how big of a drop be in attendance?

I’ll just hope that someone with an education can still start a post and write a coherent sentence, let alone a paragraph. God help English 101.

$100,000 plus scollies, none of the revenue sports get cut? You make this happen, and we can talk about it

Not sure anyone needs to see more tats, diamond earrings, and gold chains on the players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kid about the grammar in the title but it's still an intriguing subject.

1) I would continue watch my alma mater as long as they and their league are competitive (compensation could change the competitive landscape dramatically), the players remain actual students, and the players stayed around long enough to develop reputations that fans can follow.
2) The non-revenue sport issue probably changes per individual interests. I would personally get angry if softball, baseball, wrestling, and volleyball were eliminated (with these pulling in significant revenue, so I don't know if you call them non-revenue). This would reduce my "fandom". Others could care less. Non-revenue sports could be converted to a non-scholarship model that competes regionally to save costs.
3) I would not donate to the athletic department. I would donate to academic items (e.g. library).
4) The question on whether MN should compete at the highest level is relative. If players are making minor league type compensation (which might be fitting), then yeah. Otherwise, hell no. Participate in a league with sane guidelines.

Last edited:

I kid about the grammar in the title but it's still an intriguing subject.

1) I would continue watch my alma mater as long as they and their league are competitive (compensation could change the competitive landscape dramatically), the players remain actual students, and the players stayed around long enough to develop reputations that fans can follow.
2) The non-revenue sport issue probably changes per individual interests. I would personally get angry if softball, baseball, wrestling, and volleyball were eliminated (with these pulling in significant revenue, so I don't know if you call them non-revenue). This would reduce my "fandom". Others could care less. Non-revenue sports could be converted to a non-scholarship model that competes regionally to save costs.
3) I would not donate to the athletic department. I would donate to academic items (e.g. library).
4) The question on whether MN should compete at the highest level is relative. If players are making minor league type compensation (which might be fitting), then yeah. Otherwise, hell no. Participate in a league with sane guidelines.

1) It is no longer college sports.

2) There would no longer be non-revenue sports.

3) I would not donate at all. It is now a business.

4) The players make more in scholarships and benefits now than a minor leaguer. They enjoy far more benefits than any other student on campus, with no accumulated debt. Why do think players get so fired up when they are awarded a schollie? Because they get on TV????

To pay the players EVEN MORE than they are receiving now is ludicrous.

1. Yes I'd still watch.

2. I wouldn't want baseball cut but it wouldn't significantly change my feelings about the U. Some non-revenue sports would have to stay because of Title IX though.

3. Not that I am now, but I wouldn't donate.

4. It depends on how the levels shape out. I think the Big 10, Big 12, and SEC would be by far the best off financially and would make up most of that top group. I bet the Big 10 would speed up taking in big name teams and try to focus on getting the biggest TV markets. In the long term, a professional model would benefit Minnesota because of the location and being in the Big 10.

5. If teams market themselves right, minimal to none. People are still loyal to their schools. They'd probably have to drop ticket prices a little bit though.

1) It is no longer college sports.

2) There would no longer be non-revenue sports.

3) I would not donate at all. It is now a business.

4) The players make more in scholarships and benefits now than a minor leaguer. They enjoy far more benefits than any other student on campus, with no accumulated debt. Why do think players get so fired up when they are awarded a schollie? Because they get on TV????

To pay the players EVEN MORE than they are receiving now is ludicrous.
Mark this day down. I agree 100% with Highwayman.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

I think I ought to get paid by the U even if I am unable or unwilling to participate in college athletics.

It depends if it destroyed parity or not. My guess would be no, so yes I would watch them. Their health can be destroyed playing football so I support them being paid. Not in the millions or anything, but a healthy amount like a middle class job.

I'd like the NFL to start their own minor league. Baseball has it, why not football? It would pop this bubble, and I think that's a good thing. If players who don't want college play in the minor leagues instead, that's fine by me. The battle for the axe is still the battle for the axe.

It depends if it destroyed parity or not. My guess would be no, so yes I would watch them. Their health can be destroyed playing football so I support them being paid. Not in the millions or anything, but a healthy amount like a middle class job.

Nothing is forcing them to play football in college. They get free college, food, housing, medical care, etc... Let the NFL run the minor league for football and see what the market dictates for salaries and ticket sales.

NO, see NFL

YES, I am for cutting some sports.

Not to athletics

Who would care?

People would not go if they don't like pro, it would be pro.....

Top Bottom