Big Ten Tournament (3/8 - ???)

stocker08

Reaction score
Gophers start at home with Michigan. Three game series this weekend. So far the Gophers are already down 2-0 early in the second period......

Hold the phone....

....2-1 as I was typing. Backhander by Sheehy!

I was a significant percentage of the crowd tonight. Reminded me of the some of the old WCHA first round crowds at the old Mariucci.

More important we celebrated an OT win and plays like this.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Got the OT win. Got two shots to get to the semis now. I'd think they close it out tomorrow.

Probably looking at a small crowd again....especially with the weather. Doesn't help that the university is still trying to get $30/ticket. Empty seats are worth nothing. Honestly.....how much could they lose by at least selling out the tickets to loyal fans? They are going to stick at $30 a seat and let all those seats go unused.....and let our Mariucci home ice advantage turd out? I guess...

Last edited:

I was at the game tonight - my first time back to Mariucci in about 10 years. After being down 2-0, I was wondering why I came back?! But then the tide changed. The team looked totally different from the first period to the last 2 and OT. Yes, we paid $30 per ticket and I was floored when I walked in and saw a smattering of people.....really sad. Not sure when I will be back, but I did have a great time tonight. Go Gophers!

My seats (our season ticket location) were $25. That's midway up behind the Gopher bench.

STH got a discount. If you can call it that. They charged 75 for three games and if it doesn't go three the 25 goes towards next year's tickets so hopefully you plan to renew!

We've been talking about it on GPL but it was so obvious this attendance was going to happen. Idiots in charge all over the place.

Is it possible to pick up a scalp in front of the building, or has that market been replaced by an app? I'd drive down today if it wasn't a blizzard. After this series, if we win, is the rest of the tourney neutral ice?

Is it possible to pick up a scalp in front of the building, or has that market been replaced by an app? I'd drive down today if it wasn't a blizzard. After this series, if we win, is the rest of the tourney neutral ice?

That's my issue. I'm not close enough to downtown to battle the snow. If tickets were cheap, I'd possibly change my mind. But staying in means that I can watch both the Gophers and the Huskies play.

Oh...and I'm pretty sure that the entire tourney is home ice for the higher seed.

They need to lower prices to $15 so the students pack the place, not a lot of college kids are gonna spend $30 on a game and $20 on bad food as opposed to going to the city for a night

Tickets were 10 or 15 for students. Ridiculous they weren't included for them.

It looks like they could have had the series in Ridder and had plenty of extra seats. This is amazing in a bad way.

Gophers did well today! Looking forward to next weekend as well. Would be awesome if they could win the whole conference tournament.

Gophers did well today! Looking forward to next weekend as well. Would be awesome if they could win the whole conference tournament.

Two more games. The way they've been playing......I could certainly see the Gophers finding a way.

Penn State dispatched Wisconsin in overtime of game #3. They'll head to Columbus on Friday to take on Ohio State and we will be traveling to South Bend to face off with Notre Dame on Saturday. It would be awfully nice if both our Gophers and PSU could win next weekend so that we could have the championship game on our home ice.

Penn State dispatched Wisconsin in overtime of game #3. They'll head to Columbus on Friday to take on Ohio State and we will be traveling to South Bend to face off with Notre Dame on Saturday. It would be awfully nice if both our Gophers and PSU could win next weekend so that we could have the championship game on our home ice.

I agree 100%. Hoping that we are putting it together and peaking at the right time.

Top Bottom