Khalid El-Amin jailed over child support, accused of being a dead beat Dad

I feel a sense of obligation to post this. If true, pathetic on Khalid's part. Apparently he was arrested in CT for failing to pay child support for one of his 7 children. He was in CT for a 20 year anniversary for their national title. http://www.fox9.com/news/former-minneapolis-north-star-khalid-el-amin-jailed-over-child-support

Scumbag. I don't care if you have to live on ketchup packets alone. Be a present father and if that's not possible PAY YOUR SHARE!

Screw him.

He would have been a better person had he been a Gopher.

You probably said this in jest. However you never know. Its about who you hang out with. Perhaps he would have gotten down from 7 kids to 3 if he came to the U.

Pretty sure I remember that he had his first kid when he was 16. It's interesting how those kinds of decisions/actions tend to pass down to the children. It seems like lots of people who were born to young parents tend to have kids much younger themselves.

he was also married at 16

He needed a NBA career to pay for all those kids but no excuse- pay up !

I have a friend who owns a little construction company in shakopee. I visited my friend twice and the first time Khalid rolls up in his Audi and the second time he rolls up in a Mercedes SUV. I know I’ve seen this guy before and I couldn’t put my finger on it. And then I realize it’s Khalid El Amin. I say to my friend, “Do you know who that is?” He says no. I said that’s a Minnesota high school basketball legend. He won a national championship at UConn. I play a YouTube video for my friend and I asked him why is he here? And he said uh he works here. I about died. This dude was working, this last summer, doing cable drops.

He needs Archambault to punch him in the face again. Repeatedly.

It sounds like he didn't exactly fall behind. Sounds like he just completely neglected his parental obligations for the last 18 years. And then the piece of garbage goes back to Connecticut to be honored and brings himself back into jurisdiction. As smart as he is honorable it would seem.

Gangelhoff would have got him squared away about the menstrual cycle and perhaps he only has six kids with that info in his noggin.

He picked the Gophers to win the Big 10 tourney last night on the CBS basketball show.

He picked the Gophers to win the Big 10 tourney last night on the CBS basketball show.

I was shocked to see him on CBSSN in the studio last night. Have they been seeing the news about him? I would think that's the kind of publicity that gets you pulled off the air at least until there are more answers to the questions.

Top Bottom