STrib: Fleck told Tanner and Zack it's a competition for QB1

This sums it up perfectly. Morgan led us to a strong finish and a blowout win in Madison and the bowl game. He’s not going to be on the sideline on the first possession opening night.

ZA won the job coming out of fall camp. PJ continued to play him even though his mobility (and I thought confidence) restricted his effectiveness. I would not be surprised if ZA wins the competition again this year.

TM2 was better than ZA5 last year even when he was healthy. Against better teams to boot. Unless ZA5 improved significantly since last year this competition is a “competition”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus, R2-D2 and C-3PO.

ZA won the job coming out of fall camp. PJ continued to play him even though his mobility (and I thought confidence) restricted his effectiveness. I would not be surprised if ZA wins the competition again this year.

It may be an “open” competition, but what TM did under pressure last year will have to be factored in. ZA would have to leave no doubt to win outright.

If ZA wasn’t from Norseland, MN would this conversation be happening? #oneofus

Most of "us" are saying it's obviously Morgan. It's PJ saying it's a competition. We're just analyzing whether or not it's coachspeak.

Do we know that for sure?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk
Based on what I saw last year from Tanner and Zach, and what I’ve seen of Clark and his film I’m 100% convinced.

Based on what I saw last year from Tanner and Zach, and what I’ve seen of Clark and his film I’m 100% convinced.

Could be, but I'll wait until I see Clark playing in with college players. Everyone looks good on a highlight film.

Could be, but I'll wait until I see Clark playing in with college players. Everyone looks good on a highlight film.

Oh without question. I’m just speaking of pure arm talent, not playing quarterback. If you simply look at their ball trajectory you can see the difference. There’s a lot more to the position than just throwing the ball.

There should always be competition, but Tanners on field play last year should give him a big leg up. Barring injury, I'd be shocked to see anyone else under center week 1. If he can play like he did end of last year, QB play should be fine this year.

Not a huge fan of Annexstad. I was excited furing the first few games but my god does he have a noodle arm. Give me Tanner.

I think it should be a competition and like many others think Morgan will be the guy

If he isn't, the winner will have clearly outperformed him, and IMO, should have a short leash.

Top Bottom