***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT MARYLAND IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Poor effort for the first 30 minutes.... definitely need one more game to be sure we're dancing.

not the worst outcome in the world... Coffey really turned it on at the end... that's encouraging since he's been playing a lot of minutes the past few games. tells me that he can battle through fatigue and still be productive. that's good for the tournament

Look, none of us expected the Gophers to win this game. But the arc of this game was hilarious: so much talk about us losing by 30 or 40 and about Pitino needing to be gone (shocker!) and what do we end up with? A 9-point road loss to a Top 25 team on their Senior Night. In other words, respectably efficient!

Gotta love it!

50-50

Even if he comes back, we'll finish above .500 in the big 10, right?

If Coffey goes pro, next year will be a train-wreck and there will be a coaching change.

That's really a huge compliment. I'd much rather be consistent than one of these creeps (not saying you) that comes out of the woodwork only to post when sh*t hits the fan.

This is often the claim by some on this board and its absolutely false.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How come you didn’t post after the Purdue win?

I did post after the Purdue game. They were wondering where all the Pitino bashers were. I showed up as if I were being called. My posts were something along the lines of a Purdue win doesn't change anything. It's still the same team. Notice what you saw tonight?

Sorry you missed it.

If Coffey goes pro, next year will be a train-wreck and there will be a coaching change.

if Coffey goes pro it will tell recruits that this program can produce NBA players... Coffey going pro this year isn't the end of the world.

Coffey would maybe be a 2nd round pick and he’d waste away in the D-league. If he worked on his ball handles, his ability to dribble right, finish at the rim, and work on his jump shot he’d be a good role player.

How come you aren't calling for a new coach? You said they had to win 3 in a row.

I care about the program and the U over my feelings about any coach. Dominating NW and beating a great Purdue team did the trick for me. It is not time to start over with the young guys we have and a HUGE 2020 class on the line. If we make the tournament, that is a building block in the right direction.

People aren't going to look back and say "We made the tourney, but we were only 9-11 in conference." They're going to remember that we made the NCAAs again.

Does feel like the Gophs dodged a bullet pulling within 10. Amir did keep at it, and Oturu seems to only know how to keep playing.

Will be interesting to see where the NET rests after this one.

Look, none of us expected the Gophers to win this game. But the arc of this game was hilarious: so much talk about us losing by 30 or 40 and about Pitino needing to be gone (shocker!) and what do we end up with? A 9-point road loss to a Top 25 team on their Senior Night. In other words, respectably efficient!

Gotta love it!

You said coach had to win 3 in a row. He did not.

Any thoughts? Didn't think so.

Coffey would maybe be a 2nd round pick and he’d waste away in the D-league. If he worked on his ball handles, his ability to dribble right, finish at the rim, and work on his jump shot he’d be a good role player.

you just listed like every skillset a basketball player from AAU to the NBA needs to develop. are you saying that Coffey is remedial and cannot play?

Sure, every player has room for improvement, but that doesn't mean they have to come back their senior year and do the work with their college teams. players can improve in the NBA as well

Gotta love it!

Game wasn’t as close as you think it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if Coffey goes pro it will tell recruits that this program can produce NBA players... Coffey going pro this year isn't the end of the world.

If Coffey goes pro, our line-up is Carr, Gabe, Hurt, Omersa and Oturu with 5 open scholarships. That has 9-22 written all over it.

I care about the program and the U over my feelings about any coach. Dominating NW and beating a great Purdue team did the trick for me. It is not time to start over with the young guys we have and a HUGE 2020 class on the line. If we make the tournament, that is a building block in the right direction.

People aren't going to look back and say "We made the tourney, but we were only 9-11 in conference." They're going to remember that we made the NCAAs again.

I want to puke!

That's your expectation? LMAO

I'm looking for above .500 and making a run in the tourney. Well, we all think differently.

Last edited:

Yeah. This game had letdown written all over it. When your coach tells you you’re in the tournament after a dramatic senior night, what are you playing for? Not sure I agree with that approach.

We just don’t match up well with Maryland either. 9 point road loss won’t look so bad, I bet this doesn’t move the needle either way.

Glad they closed the margin in garbage time. I guess I'll hold all my opinions about the coach to myself, wouldn't want to creep anyone out. Will post only positive things from now on.

Tre Williams might start over Hurt.. I am optimistic we can sign Sherfield as well.

Our front court does scare me, but Coffey's status doesn't effect that either way

you just listed like every skillset a basketball player from AAU to the NBA needs to develop. are you saying that Coffey is remedial and cannot play?

Sure, every player has room for improvement, but that doesn't mean they have to come back their senior year and do the work with their college teams. players can improve in the NBA as well

I’m listing his weaknesses and probably why he wouldn’t be drafted if he declared for the draft.

I kinda hope the gophers lose the first round of the BTT just so I can sweat 10 pounds on selection Sunday. I could use the weight loss.

If Coffey goes pro, our line-up is Carr, Gabe, Hurt, Omersa and Oturu with 5 open scholarships. That has 9-22 written all over it.

Hurt is going to leave. I can't imagine this team without Coffey, and I'm not even a huge coffey guy.

Top Bottom