NHL changes laws on acceptance of marijuana. Will other sports follow?

Should Marijuana be legal in sports

• yeaaaa maaannn life is a choice

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • People that smoke weed are idots

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Its a viable health option

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Does it matter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You cant be creative if you dont do weed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • who cares

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • It may effect who you are, but you are who you are and pot is not gonna change that

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

schlegs

Reaction score
after reading an article on the nhl from espn.... http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/26046596/is-nhl-future-marijuana-pro-sports-why-be

Makes you question. in no way do i think smoking or eating or vaping weed is good for you. Lol if you think it is, do some research. However, that being said.... just like any other drug im sure it has its uses (name a famous artist that didnt do drugs, if you have to think about it...it doesnt count)

As long as it is against federal law, it should be banned by all of the major sports leagues. They shouldn't be testing for it like they do for PEDs but it should be against the rules and they should ensure players aren't seen on social media using it.

Even if it's legal, leagues should be doing what they can to make sure players aren't seen using it. Until it's clear that there are absolutely no negative impacts on health, players should be encouraged or required to either avoid it or use it privately. Within the past month the U released a study which showed that in general, students who had used marijuana more in the past month had a worse GPA. Correlation doesn't equal causation but I think there's more than enough evidence to say that role models shouldn't be using it where kids can see it. They're old enough that they can make their own decisions for what they do in private though.

CBD is absolutely a valid treatment for many ails, not the least of which is pain. It is the part of it that doesn't get you high. It seems to be the part of it that has all the medicinal benefits.

It's too new, so there is not scientific proof yet. But it certainly is not performance enhancing.

Therefore, I would absolutely support major leagues allowing it.

CBD is absolutely a valid treatment for many ails, not the least of which is pain. It is the part of it that doesn't get you high. It seems to be the part of it that has all the medicinal benefits.

It's too new, so there is not scientific proof yet. But it certainly is not performance enhancing.

Therefore, I would absolutely support major leagues allowing it.
I'm pretty sure that they are not talking about CBD.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

As long as it is against federal law, it should be banned by all of the major sports leagues. They shouldn't be testing for it like they do for PEDs but it should be against the rules and they should ensure players aren't seen on social media using it.

Even if it's legal, leagues should be doing what they can to make sure players aren't seen using it. Until it's clear that there are absolutely no negative impacts on health, players should be encouraged or required to either avoid it or use it privately. Within the past month the U released a study which showed that in general, students who had used marijuana more in the past month had a worse GPA. Correlation doesn't equal causation but I think there's more than enough evidence to say that role models shouldn't be using it where kids can see it. They're old enough that they can make their own decisions for what they do in private though.

Do you realize how absurd that sounds to "make sure players aren't seen using it?" Its either legal or its not legal and honestly speaking I would argue that Marijuana use would drop alcohol usage considerably and even crime rates. Improve overall health outcomes, ehhh I'm not willing to say that it would but look at the potential cause and effect.

Do you realize how absurd that sounds to "make sure players aren't seen using it?" Its either legal or its not legal and honestly speaking I would argue that Marijuana use would drop alcohol usage considerably and even crime rates. Improve overall health outcomes, ehhh I'm not willing to say that it would but look at the potential cause and effect.

Chewing tobacco is 100% legal and the MLB has been trying to keep it out of the public eye. It's taking a while because there is tradition behind it and players are grandfathered in but they're trying to make it something that's only used in private. With marijuana, there is no tradition so it would be much easier to be proactive. If studies later show there are no negatives, they can allow it later.

Top Bottom