The #1 Bracketologist has us as a #9 seed

Lakers612

Banned
Reaction score
According to Bracketmatrix (http://www.bracketmatrix.com/rankings.html), Delphi Bracketoglogy is the number-1 ranked bracketologist. They currently have the Gophers as a #9 seed. I almost would rather us have the #11 seed so we can avoid the #1 and #2 ranked team in our region, but a #9 seed would be huge for us as far as getting our first tournament win under Pitino

Last edited:

Hodger is the #1 Bracketologist. Everyone else is fighting for second.

Go Gophers!!

This is perfect! First, we beat an Oklahoma or Syracuse. Then we knock off a Zionless and dispirited Duke. Next we drill an overrated Kansas squad, followed by a third-time-is-the-charm Michigan team. Then we have some home cooking at U.S. Bank as we slip by a not-ready-for-prime-time Tennessee, before mercilessly hammering an impotent Virginia squad to cut down the nets.

This is perfect! First, we beat an Oklahoma or Syracuse. Then we knock off a Zionless and dispirited Duke. Next we drill an overrated Kansas squad, followed by a third-time-is-the-charm Michigan team. Then we have some home cooking at U.S. Bank as we slip by a not-ready-for-prime-time Tennessee, before mercilessly hammering an impotent Virginia squad to cut down the nets.

sign me up

A projected 9 seed turns into a 10 seed when 3 cinderellas win their conference tournament. I'll take all the buffer from the cut line I can get.

hate the 9 seed notion … 10 or 11 is the way to go

A projected 9 seed turns into a 10 seed when 3 cinderellas win their conference tournament. I'll take all the buffer from the cut line I can get.

Kinda....three spots closer to the cutline, yes, but seed would be unchanged

On twitter a lot of people saying "I'll take a 11 seed", to avoid the #1 or #2 seed, but then you have an extra game as an underdog.

I feel the 9-10 seed is about right. I don't think a lot of people have done a total re-evaluation of their brackets since Wednesday.
If we lose out, I think we are at worst an 11.

On twitter a lot of people saying "I'll take a 11 seed", to avoid the #1 or #2 seed, but then you have an extra game as an underdog.

I feel the 9-10 seed is about right. I don't think a lot of people have done a total re-evaluation of their brackets since Wednesday.
If we lose out, I think we are at worst an 11.

I hope that is a fact. Just for fun, I'd feel better if we sneak by Maryland with a win, tomorrow.

hate the 9 seed notion … 10 or 11 is the way to go

I wonder if they might end up as a 9 seed just based on matchup possibilities. In a lot of brackets, there are multiple Big Ten teams in the 2/3 seeds (Mich, Purdue, MSU). The Gophers can't be in a possible 2nd round matchup with Purdue and Michigan for sure (MSU either if they draw them in the tourney). That kind of limts the places they can go.

I wonder if they might end up as a 9 seed just based on matchup possibilities. In a lot of brackets, there are multiple Big Ten teams in the 2/3 seeds (Mich, Purdue, MSU). The Gophers can't be in a possible 2nd round matchup with Purdue and Michigan for sure (MSU either if they draw them in the tourney). That kind of limts the places they can go.

True, that could be a factor.

This is perfect! First, we beat an Oklahoma or Syracuse. Then we knock off a Zionless and dispirited Duke. Next we drill an overrated Kansas squad that has just been named in the FBI sting, followed by a third-time-is-the-charm Michigan team. Then we have some home cooking at U.S. Bank as we slip by a not-ready-for-prime-time Tennessee, before mercilessly hammering an impotent Virginia squad to cut down the nets.

Sounds like a plan to me :clap: Home court advantage for the final four. Here we come.

11 seed is optimal IMO. Typically 6 seeds are overrated HMs or overseeded MMs. Key to avoid that 8/9 game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

11 seed is optimal IMO. Typically 6 seeds are overrated HMs or overseeded MMs. Key to avoid that 8/9 game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

11 Seed could be a First 4/Play-In game, which I would be fine with. Only twice has the Big 10 been involved, Iowa 2014 lost and Michigan 2016 won.

It’s always fun just seeing Minnesota pop up on Selection Sunday no matter the number by it.

It really seems like this year is going to be all about match ups outside of the top 2 seed lines. I am always cautious to want to play a certain team, but there are teams that will be seeded 5-7 that might be easier match ups for the Gophers than teams that will end up seeded 8-10. The big key to me is just avoiding the play-in game. It would put the program in a very tricky place if it plays in that game and loses.

Top Bottom