Curry's injury(s)

Block M

Reaction score
Does anyone know the nature of ECs new foot injury? Curious if he was heading under the knife again or if its less serious.

Achilles would be lower leg instead of foot, plus if it was Achilles they'd just call it that because everyone knows what that is.

Very fragile young man. Wish him a full recovery

I'm no expert, but it seemed to me that he never really "moved" right this year, as compared to his Freshman year. Very possible this foot ailment and his earlier issues are a secondary result from his knee injury. He's a big kid to come back from such an injury. He's not a 5'11 180 lb. cornerback. Unfortunate.

Curry's career is starting to feel like one of those "what could have been" situations. So much potential but just snake bit with injuries. Hopefully he can recover and get back on the court again at some point in the future.

I'm no expert, but it seemed to me that he never really "moved" right this year, as compared to his Freshman year. Very possible this foot ailment and his earlier issues are a secondary result from his knee injury. He's a big kid to come back from such an injury. He's not a 5'11 180 lb. cornerback. Unfortunate.

I do not recall when exactly Curry blew out his ACL but it was well before the 2017 Season started, and he never looked OK even after an extra long period of recovery time relative to most ACL cases.

He looked pretty rough in January, after a 16 month recovery (I looked it up finally - injured in late August 2017), so this was a somewhat rare case in the modern era of knee surgery.

Curry must have really messed up his knee, and I have my doubts if he will ever be an impact player again. This is really a sad story. I knew something was up when someone dished him the ball in his last game, with no traffic around, and he barely elevated for left handed old man finish.

I do remember a couple of other Gophers that were doomed by ACL injuries. Jayson Walton, #32, a high flying lefty forward was never the same after knee trouble later in his career playing for Clem in the early 90s. He used to be a power dunker and was later a shell of himself.

Duke Anyanwu was a promising athletic and big TE thought to be a good replacement for Maxx Williams. He blew out his knee in 2014 camp and never played again, although with the program for 3 more years.

ACL surgery is considered sort of a routine thing now with an expected return to the former levels, but that still does not always happen.

I do not recall when exactly Curry blew out his ACL but it was well before the 2017 Season started, and he never looked OK even after an extra long period of recovery time relative to most ACL cases.

He looked pretty rough in January, after a 16 month recovery (I looked it up finally - injured in late August 2017), so this was a somewhat rare case in the modern era of knee surgery.

Curry must have really messed up his knee, and I have my doubts if he will ever be an impact player again. This is really a sad story. I knew something was up when someone dished him the ball in his last game, with no traffic around, and he barely elevated for left handed old man finish.

I do remember a couple of other Gophers that were doomed by ACL injuries. Jayson Walton, #32, a high flying lefty forward was never the same after knee trouble later in his career playing for Clem in the early 90s. He used to be a power dunker and was later a shell of himself.

Duke Anyanwu was a promising athletic and big TE thought to be a good replacement for Maxx Williams. He blew out his knee in 2014 camp and never played again, although with the program for 3 more years.

ACL surgery is considered sort of a routine thing now with an expected return to the former levels, but that still does not always happen.

He also had a knee surgery in Fall 2018, which is the reason he was out until December

Weren't there also knee injuries during high school as well? I thought that was what kept some of the top schools from pursuing him.

I have a son that blew out his ACL at age 16 and now at age 42 does 140 mile iron man marathons.

Lets hope this is not the case for Curry. I don't recall him being uber-explosive as a freshman so I'm hoping he can still get his game back and contribute for two more years. Fitzgerald also looked like he lost a lot after two ACLs.

Not sure if the foot injury had anything to do with the knee or not. It's his right foot that he hurt in practice on what Pitino said today was a bizarre injury on a "weird fall." The ACL was the left knee, but it's possible he was favoring the right side because of a lack of strength or trust?

Pitino said himself he told Curry to just get through this season as much as he could, and use the off-season to come back 100 percent. I think he still can come back healthy, but it will just be delayed. Nobody knows if it will result in more productivity on the court next year. Just a shame, he's a great kid and has handled the adversity as well as can be expected.

I have a son that blew out his ACL at age 16 and now at age 42 does 140 mile iron man marathons.

If Curry was a runner instead of a basketball player his ACL would be much less of a problem. Runners don't need to make quick cuts so it's way easier to run with a bad ACL. In basketball you need to change directions quickly which requires much more knee stability.

Lets hope this is not the case for Curry. I don't recall him being uber-explosive as a freshman so I'm hoping he can still get his game back and contribute for two more years. Fitzgerald also looked like he lost a lot after two ACLs.

Good points... I forgot about how frustrated Fitzgerald looked trying to play for MN after being a more explosive player at T AM before his injuries.

Currey was no Jordan Murphy as far as quick, explosive leaping, but he had pretty good lift and quickness for a lanky 230 plus guy, and that pretty much gone for Curry now. Maybe it can come back.

I sort of forgot about the second surgery to"clean it up" which to a non medical expert like me at least, suggests the original injury was beyond the routine.

If Curry was a runner instead of a basketball player his ACL would be much less of a problem. Runners don't need to make quick cuts so it's way easier to run with a bad ACL. In basketball you need to change directions quickly which requires much more knee stability.

On point with the distinction.

Good points... I forgot about how frustrated Fitzgerald looked trying to play for MN after being a more explosive player at T AM before his injuries.

Currey was no Jordan Murphy as far as quick, explosive leaping, but he had pretty good lift and quickness for a lanky 230 plus guy, and that pretty much gone for Curry now. Maybe it can come back.

I sort of forgot about the second surgery to"clean it up" which to a non medical expert like me at least, suggests the original injury was beyond the routine.

I think most of us feel terrible for Curry. Good kid. Awful injuries. I think there is no way he is ever able to get back where he was. At this point, the athletic goal has to be getting to a place that he can contribute with what will be limitations due to injury. Again, I think the best anyone can hope for is that he becomes a 15-20 minute a game semi-banger, who might be able to hit an outside shot now and again. Guys like that are valuable, but don't make or break a team. It also ups the ante on getting spring recruits (probably two) who can play underneath right away. That's a tall order.

Fitz was not at peak when he hit the floor for us, but he did get a lot of playing time and scored some points for Stephen Austin (I think) early in the year. Lower level, but he at least contributed. He did get better physically. Maybe Curry can, too.

Even runners need that, especially when attacked by a cougar.

On the Sports Huddle today, Pitino said Curry's latest injury was a Lis Franc injury, which involves bones and tendons in the foot. Pitino said he thinks Curry was favoring his bad knee, and that caused problems in his feet.

On the Sports Huddle today, Pitino said Curry's latest injury was a Lis Franc injury, which involves bones and tendons in the foot. Pitino said he thinks Curry was favoring his bad knee, and that caused problems in his feet.

Whatever it is, I hope it heals well. We need him in a bad way next year. Get well EC.

That's what happened to Antoine Winfield Jr. and he was out for the rest of the season and is just getting ready to practice now. Better than some of the other options but that's still a bad injury.

This is not an achilles tear. He may have injured the foot tendon by overcompensating for his knee problem. ACL repairs do not reduce the risk of knee arthritis down the road so any 40 yer old running ultramarathons is at high risk for severe arthritis in the not too distant future.

Eric Decker had a lisfranc injury his last year and obviously did well. The recovery from the lisfranc injury will give Curry time to really maximize his recovery from his knee problems. Still unclear how well he will be able to play but there is hope.

Top Bottom