Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Fleck presser: oline, qbs, rbs, gibson, guedet, winfield, s&c, new coaches

Fleck Spring practice opening presser:

best offseason his staff has ever had...record number of sub 4.6, sub 4.5; 10" broad jump, 350 bench, 500 plus squat, 350 plus clean

Tanner and Zach with most experience, will get most reps at QB but open competition,

Winfield 100%, ready for contact, great offseson, really excited to see him play, very experienced

oline is one of best in in Big Ten, Andries maybe a tackle maybe a guard, same as Dunlap, Olson maybe a guard maybe a center, mentioned Schmitz and Dickson and Schlueter, reading between lines, didn't sound like Dickson is a locked in starter

early enroll Illinois olineman JJ Guedet has taken team by storm, could be in mix right away

Erik Gibson, wr from Michigan, who was injured and redshirted last year, has numbers off the chart in training, excited to see him play

Paulson up to 270 from 245, Witham great offseason, BSpannFord looks good, Ko Kieft way bigger

over 6,500 returning yards and 52 TDs in four rbs, plus Seth Green...Smith and Brooks still rehabbing

loves Panagos energy coaching dline, loves Harasymiak coaching dbacks, loves Chance coaching dbacks

more focus this spring on preparing for opponents

best offseason his staff has ever had...record number of sub 4.6, sub 4.5; 10" broad jump, 350 bench, 500 plus squat, 350 plus clean
    PJ isn't gonna let baseball get away with best shape of his life all on their own

Nice to hear PJ talk up all the other University of Minnesota sports.

The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGopher View Post

That flies in the face of what Kill had to say about Fleck.

Realize he hasn't even practiced once as a Gopher, but JJ Guedet sounds like the real deal. As the lone OL signee in class (two if Richter switches sides), the importance of him panning out is paramount.

Been a long time since we had such talented depth on the O-Line.

Quote Originally Posted by WinLoseOrTy View Post
    Realize he hasn't even practiced once as a Gopher, but JJ Guedet sounds like the real deal. As the lone OL signee in class (two if Richter switches sides), the importance of him panning out is paramount.

That's a pleasant surprise if a guy like that is battling for playing time as a freshman. No doubt a 4-game redshirt target.
    2020 class will need a couple more OL prospects.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

You might say he sounds nasty....

Your fore getting Tyler Cooper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    Your fore getting Tyler Cooper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Was limiting it to scholarship signings. But yes Cooper has a chance to impact the line too.

Whooo! I'm excited!

https://www.facebook.com/GopherFootb...1480757354673/

I highly recommend checking out the video even if just listening in the background. Good stuff in this one IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/GopherFootb...1480757354673/

I highly recommend checking out the video even if just listening in the background. Good stuff in this one IMO.
    Agreed.
    I watched the whole thing.

Can't help but be excited.
    This team seems to be deep in a number of key positions which is nice.

(QB, RB, WR, OL, TE.) If Rossi has the defense playing well, (and we find a good kicker) it will be a fun year.
    "Do Not Be Afraid to Be A Legend"

Winfield 100%. Best news I've heard in a while. If he plays a full schedule this fall, it will be a great season!
    - Respect is the ultimate currency