Fleck presser: oline, qbs, rbs, gibson, guedet, winfield, s&c, new coaches

You're really reaching there, don't you think? A person who is only about himself does not reach out to a suffering young man to console him. By definition, if you're only about oneself, you cannot be about anyone else. That was a really over-the-top comment.

I guess the “only” aspect is pretty exclusive. Personally, I think PJ is about PJ, but I guess I wouldn’t say “only” as I don’t doubt for a second that he cares about the well-being of others. I have sided firmly against Kill on the interview but find the texts mentioned here as “proof” PJ isn’t (mainly) about PJ pretty amusing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to remind us once again how you went to Wisconsin and that proves your Gopher loyalty despite your continued pathetic passive aggressive schtick. Oh, and throw in "cult" and "Fleckster" to remain fresh and original.

I know you find being fresh and original very important. Clearly.

I was told by a former coach that Fleck is primarily in it for himself. Surely, then, Fleck announced to the world that he was doing this for Dupree?

You totally missed it. Kill said Fleck was all about himself and not about the players. Kill only meant football players. PJ cares about basketball players and players in other Minnesota sports, but not one bit about his own football players. Isn’t that obvious?

This is more solid evidence that Jerry is 100% right and not remotely motivated by jealousy and bitterness. You just need to look at it the right way.

giphy.gif

You totally missed it. Kill said Fleck was all about himself and not about the players. Kill only meant football players. PJ cares about basketball players and players in other Minnesota sports, but not one bit about his own football players. Isn’t that obvious?

This is more solid evidence that Jerry is 100% right and not remotely motivated by jealousy and bitterness. You just need to look at it the right way.

So, someone cannot be concerned about their own image, and also do nice things for others? it has to be 100% one way or the other. good to know.

Seriously - I and others have said that Fleck does good things and promotes his players to be active in the community. He can do all that - and still be aware of his own image, and try to manage his public image.

I may not agree with Kill 100%, but I do believe that Fleck is very much aware of his image and how he is perceived/presented in the media. that does NOT make Fleck a bad person. I just see him as more self-aware and less selfless than some people on here. He's not Gandhi or Mother Teresa - he's a football coach. Why can't he be a football coach, without pushing him for sainthood?

The motivation behind the acts doesn't matter in my opinion. All that should matter is the act. If someone donates a lot of money to a charity for the sole purpose of making them feel good about themselves or to impress someone, does it really matter to the charity?

I suppose it's possible every action is to feed his ego. We'll never know for sure. But if other people benefit from it (players become better people, team wins, etc), it shouldn't really matter what his true motivation is.

So, someone cannot be concerned about their own image, and also do nice things for others? it has to be 100% one way or the other. good to know.

Seriously - I and others have said that Fleck does good things and promotes his players to be active in the community. He can do all that - and still be aware of his own image, and try to manage his public image.

I may not agree with Kill 100%, but I do believe that Fleck is very much aware of his image and how he is perceived/presented in the media. that does NOT make Fleck a bad person. I just see him as more self-aware and less selfless than some people on here. He's not Gandhi or Mother Teresa - he's a football coach. Why can't he be a football coach, without pushing him for sainthood?

If only that were anywhere close to the way Kill phrased it, few people would be upset about it

Time to remind us once again how you went to Wisconsin and that proves your Gopher loyalty despite your continued pathetic passive aggressive schtick. Oh, and throw in "cult" and "Fleckster" to remain fresh and original.

:clap:

I think traveling to and through Wisconsin at the end of November to watch the Gophers play football is a pretty good sign of loyalty to a program. Coaches come and go, we will all like some and dislike others, it's silly to confuse that with a lack of loyalty to a program. Even if someone aggressively disliked PJ, I don't think they would cease to be a loyal Gopher fan.

The motivation behind the acts doesn't matter in my opinion. All that should matter is the act. If someone donates a lot of money to a charity for the sole purpose of making them feel good about themselves or to impress someone, does it really matter to the charity?

I suppose it's possible every action is to feed his ego. We'll never know for sure. But if other people benefit from it (players become better people, team wins, etc), it shouldn't really matter what his true motivation is.

Interesting way to look at it. Makes sense.

Top Bottom