9 Iowa (off by a few)
10 Ohio State (about right)
11 Illinois (off by a few)
12 Northwestern (off by a couple)
13 Penn State (about right)
14 Rutgers (off by a couple)

Pretty darn accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not bad. Every season has some surprises!

The biggest surprises are Nebraska and for me Illinois. I thought the Illini were easily in the bottom 2. I had Purdue a bit lower but still in the top 5 simply because I believe in Painter.

I guess it depends on if you are talking preseason (October) or just prior to the early December games. Indiana was about an 8 for me before some good NC work.

Thanks, you are a friendly grader. I'll go B-. ... disappointed I bought into the Hoosiers so much. And I should have known better to undersell Purdue/Painter.

I frankly had no idea how good most of these teams would be, so the fact you got it that close is pretty sound.

You cannot predict injuries and Copeland going down on a team with 3 scorers and no bench killed Nebraska.

Wonder what you would have picked the gophers if you had known IW would be a nonfactor? Maybe, in a sense, the gophers over-achieved given the lack of a point guard and the surprising big ten strength. I get it that Pitino is responsible for the point guard situation, but maybe also deserves some credit for recruiting/coaching a point guard barren team to a 7th place finish in a strong conference.

Don't know if I ever predicted the BIG standings, but I do remember thinking we would go 10-10 in the BIG. At this point I feel happy they are close to that...

Top Bottom