25 things to watch for Spring ball

swingman

Reaction score
#1. Who plays safety? Jacob Huff gone, who grabs that spot? Sapp? Winfield targeted for one spot. Who else?
#2. Who replaces Donnell Greene? Is Dickson good to go? Schlueter and Sassack both injured? Andries a tackle?
#3. Who replaces Cashman? Coughlin added to LB rotation? Julian Huff gone...Rush, SoriMarin got a lot of special teams run, Oliver touted.
#4. Who replaces Weyler? Olson to center? Or Schmitz?
#5. If Olson moves to center, who replaces him? Dunlap seemed solid in bowl game.
#6 Boye Mafe ready to take on a starting role on defensive end? Started to flash at end of year. Devers steps up?
#7, 8, 9, and 10...lot of questions at defensive tackle as Smith and Silver both leave along with Moore. Renner only experienced returner. Transfer DewTreadway, juco Schad, developing true soph Teague, and early enrollee frosh Cheney need to shine.
#11 Clemmons is a juco recruit we flipped from a solid KY program. Competes with returning T Smith, Kiondre, Durr, Williamson?
#12 SpannFord...most talked about guy who barely played.
#13/14 Kieft, Witham...both were used in packages, as was Beebe... Beebe gone. Umlor?
#15 Who replaces Carpenter at kicker...new recruit comes in summer, chance for kickers on roster to claim Carpenter spot
#16 Snapper...high school scholarshipped kid is on campus...chance to claim Jordahl’s job.
#17 Annexstad, Clark: do they push Morgan?
#18.Chris Williamson...came on strong late in year, could make huge jump, possible hybrid role.
#19 DeLattiboudere, Otomewo, some other DE? return two guys who were solid at DE...Reigelsperger? Ahanotu? Okonji?
#20 WR depth: Fleck loves both redshirted Manns (injured?) and early enrollee BrownStephens (injured?). Seth role?
#21 Potts....injury may limit what we see from early enrollee.
#22 new DB options...Solomon Brown early enroll, Phil Howard position switch, CJ Smith?
#23 Bryce Williams, Nolan Edmonds...add some strength, gain some experience?
#24 Williamson...Owatonna phenom finds a niche?
#25. oline depth: Beier, Boe, Davis, Guedet, (Richter ol or dl?) are total unknowns

Three new defensive coaches...Rossi not interim.

LOl! Many, many thoughts and questions. One that stands out for me is #25, Williamson. I'm very curious as to where he ends up in the end. He may be part of the 4 game red shirt as they try to figure out what is best for him.

Good list and thoughts. My prognostications are as follows:

#1 - We won't see it in the Spring, but Nubin is one to keep an eye on for a safety spot.
#12 - BSF - Kid is going to have a great season and career.
#15 - New Freshman kicker or the potential UConn grad transfer.
#16 - Brady Weeks will be the long snapper.
#17 - He may not be QB1 at the start of the season but I feel like Clark will take over no later than by game 4.
#20 - Brown-Stephens gets on the field somehow/someway. He may have been the most overlooked recruit in our 2019 class.
#21 - Potts - I'd really like to see what he can do at this level with a healthy knee. I'm guessing he'll get 4 games and Redshirt simply because of all the talent we have.
#25 - Guedet is my "Faalele" of 2019. Coaches will do everything they can to try to preserve his redshirt but when he's dominating at practice and on the field they will ultimately burn it and he'll be on the 2-deep at left tackle.

Lay off Fleck, Swingman!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom