Twins Announce Family Friendly Concession Prices

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
Twins Announce Family Friendly Concession Prices (come on Gophers you can do it too)

I know we don't talk about prices often enough here so:

tfr01jo7zik21.jpg

Also if you like your information with a lot of bass and in video form:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I like to think this could help push other sports events in a similar direction....

Last edited:

Haven't seen prices like this in ages at a sports event.

Anyone have any idea when beer was as cheap as $5 at the HHH Dome?

Cool and I get 10% off those prices!

Wonder which concession stands will have the longest lines...

Well most of the stands serve the cheap beer so it may not be that bad. Wonder if this will dent the big lines for the craft beer. Those are typically the longest lines.

Yeah, thinking they are going to need to expand those stands because I would bet many people will head that direction as opposed to the way overpriced premium food.

Smart move by the Twins, a big factor in why stadiums struggle to get people in the door is the high cost of food. It just isn't practical for a lot of families to go to games with the cost of tickets, parking, and food. If these venues are really serious about getting more butts in the seats lowering the cost of food and drink is a good place to start. Won't solve the problem but certainly can't hurt.

Yeah, thinking they are going to need to expand those stands because I would bet many people will head that direction as opposed to the way overpriced premium food.

Smart move by the Twins, a big factor in why stadiums struggle to get people in the door is the high cost of food. It just isn't practical for a lot of families to go to games with the cost of tickets, parking, and food. If these venues are really serious about getting more butts in the seats lowering the cost of food and drink is a good place to start. Won't solve the problem but certainly can't hurt.

Well see how their new "self checkout" process works.

Why bother. I have been told this wouldn’t increase attendance and shouldn’t be factored into revenue anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why bother. I have been told this wouldn’t increase attendance and shouldn’t be factored into revenue anyway.

$4 for a hot dog is ridiculous. Don't they know that you can get a hot dog for less than that elsewhere? Supply and demand has determined that a $4 hotdog is way overpriced; therefore anyone who buys one is out of their mind and doesn't understand economics.

If I go for the food, do I have to watch the Twins play?

There is a difference between football and baseball for food, though. Limited or no tailgating before baseball, many long breaks in the game (between innings, pitching changes, etc.). Kids get antsy and want food during those breaks.

Football you have the quarters/halftime mostly. A lot of fans tailgate before the game so come in not hungry.

I'm not saying it might not help attendance, but I don't think it would have a huge impact for the Gophers. That said, I don't think the Twins move will have a huge impact, either. There's still parking, game tickets, souvenirs, etc. The food price helps a little, but it's still a spendy day.

Supply and demand has determined that a $4 hotdog is way overpriced; therefore anyone who buys one is out of their mind and doesn't understand economics.
Economics are different when there is a captive population of consumers. Nobody should compare the cost of any concession at the ballpark to a concession on the street or at a gas station. If having a hot dog is part of your baseball game experience then maybe $4 or even more is an acceptable price because you value the experience of having a hot dog at the ballpark in addition to the physical hot dog itself.

Economics are different when there is a captive population of consumers. Nobody should compare the cost of any concession at the ballpark to a concession on the street or at a gas station. If having a hot dog is part of your baseball game experience then maybe $4 or even more is an acceptable price because you value the experience of having a hot dog at the ballpark in addition to the physical hot dog itself.

my post was an attempt at sarcasm and is not to be taken literally.

Still more than double the price of Mercedes Benz concessions where hot dogs will be $1.50.

Bring back the Dome dog. best part of games at the Metrodome.

Loved the dome dog too...but was then told by a volunteer who staffed a concession stand how they would recycle the unsold dogs at the end of the game.

Last edited:

$4 for a hot dog is ridiculous. Don't they know that you can get a hot dog for less than that elsewhere? Supply and demand has determined that a $4 hotdog is way overpriced; therefore anyone who buys one is out of their mind and doesn't understand economics.

Its all a bunch of junk food. Yuk!

I know we don't talk about prices often enough here so:

tfr01jo7zik21.jpg

Also if you like your information with a lot of bass and in video form:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I like to think this could help push other sports events in a similar direction....

This is a bit disingenuous, they are only offering this in two sections, one upper deck and one lower deck.

This is a bit disingenuous, they are only offering this in two sections, one upper deck and one lower deck.

It's better than nothing, but not as good as I originally thought. I watched the video quickly at work at first and I missed a few key details. The beers are smaller than the typical ones you buy in the stadium, so they are only marginally a better deal. Some of the other portion sizes are smaller too. And yes they are only offering it in 2 places. Probably the best deal (relative to typical stadium pricing) is the pop. My seats aren't too far from the upper deck spot so I will have to try it out.

Something about a beer and a dog on a warm day at a baseball game though.
The dugout dog at Target field is legit but can only be purchased from the mobile concessionaires in the good seats (I have snuck in there a few times).
Is $5 for a 12 oz of swill better than $8 for a good 16oz beer?

Something about a beer and a dog on a warm day at a baseball game though.
The dugout dog at Target field is legit but can only be purchased from the mobile concessionaires in the good seats (I have snuck in there a few times).
Is $5 for a 12 oz of swill better than $8 for a good 16oz beer?

I love a 'good' beer. I like the all the hoppy ones, all the malty ones, all the stouts. They're delicious.

But on a really hot, muggy, soggy, humid Minnesota summer evening — after mowing the lawn or playing a round of golf — well, sometimes an extremely cold, crisp American lager tastes pretty damn good.

That being said, my current favorite is Shiner Bock.

Anyone have any idea when beer was as cheap as $5 at the HHH Dome?
They had beer specials like this on Some dollar Dog night on Wednesdays and Monday and Tuesday night games. Beer was not priced at 5 on weekends it was always 7 or 7.25 a beer.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bring back the Dome dog. best part of games at the Metrodome.
Hormel Hot dogs were much better tasting than the Schweigert hot dogs (Cargill). I tend visit the Kamarcyk stands because better sausages. Hot dogs are not that great at Target field now. They sell Hormel hot dogs at Gopher games.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I love a 'good' beer. I like the all the hoppy ones, all the malty ones, all the stouts. They're delicious.

But on a really hot, muggy, soggy, humid Minnesota summer evening — after mowing the lawn or playing a round of golf — well, sometimes an extremely cold, crisp American lager tastes pretty damn good.

That being said, my current favorite is Shiner Bock.

Totally. I drink lots of craft beer, but as you stated, sometimes you just gotta have an ice cold, good old American lager. A thirst-quenching pallet cleanser, if you will.

Last edited:

Great for lunch, great for dinner, you will be a weiner winner

Top Bottom