Rick Pitino: I gave Richard one piece of advice: when going gets tough, go with Matz!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

One could make a strong argument that Matz had a larger positive impact on the game than Curry would have had and will have a larger positive impact on the remainder of the season than Curry would have given his fitness problems this year. Curry's offensive production has been weak but his passing, defending, toughness and intangibles are hard to quantify.

Matz was phenomenal last night. I really wanted him to throw home the dunk on his breakaway steal. My worry is that we don't have much behind Murphy now. Curry was able to play the 4 and 5 and Matz is strictly a 5. Murphy needs to play incredibly smart and not get into foul trouble.

One could make a strong argument that Matz had a larger positive impact on the game than Curry would have had and will have a larger positive impact on the remainder of the season than Curry would have given his fitness problems this year. Curry's offensive production has been weak but his passing, defending, toughness and intangibles are hard to quantify.

Agree that a healthy/rested Matz is more productive than a wounded Curry.

So here is one question, then (and this is NOT to poke Matz in the eye) ...... why did he transfer from Louisville ??

So here is one question, then (and this is NOT to poke Matz in the eye) ...... why did he transfer from Louisville ??

The Egyptian guy was ahead of him and they had another big coming in. I'm sure he was counseled out.

I'd be comfortable with him starting next year if he wasn't a senior and Oturu was the one graduating.

Top Bottom