Detroit Free Press: MN - Thank you so much for taking P.J. Fleck off our hands.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
In a column "thanking Minnesota" for the Gophers' win last night over Purdue (thus making the Michigan/MSU game this weekend for the Big Ten title), the columnist took a shot at Fleck:

So thank you, Minnesota. You have given us something the Lions can’t do. Nor the Red Wings. Nor the Pistons. Nor the Tigers.

You have given us a chance to root for a championship again.

At least a slice of one.

Oh, and one other thing Minnesota. Thank you so much for taking P.J. Fleck off our hands.

We’ll leave it at that.

Sincerely,

The entire freakin’ state of Michigan

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...olverines-michigan-state-spartans/3076581002/

Go Gophers!!

Just like we thank them for taking Brady Hoke when we wanted him.

But I missed the PJ part... or connection ... if there is one.

The PJ thing just reads like a meaningless cheap shot to get attention.

They must have their own version of Reusse.

But I missed the PJ part... or connection ... if there is one.

The PJ thing just reads like a meaningless cheap shot to get attention.

He's not for everyone. Evidently this author was one of those guys.

He's not for everyone. Evidently this author was one of those guys.

Not sure I'm ever going to understand the transition from "hey this guy isn't for me" to "better throw out some cheap shots / misrepresent **** / just bitch about this guy".

Yeah I bet WMU fans are sure glad that coach who took them to an undefeated season and BCS game is gone. Good riddance!

I'm sure the Free-Press is by and for Michigan and Mich St fans, with little room for any other "little" school in the state, including MAC upstarts.

The Fleck PR propaganda machine, I'm sure, was probably trying its damnedest to convince regular Michigan folks that W Mich should be in the Big Ten. And they were sick of it. Almost beating Wisconsin, I'm sure didn't help.

Now WM is back in its regular place.

Michigan and Michigan St didn't appreciate Fleck and his bringing attention to another football program.

WMU liked and wanted to keep Fleck of course, but U-M and MSU were happy to see him leave.

W Michigan is the local school in Grand Rapids, which is a fairly big metro in its own right. But the Michigan LP is of course dominated by the Detroit metro, which is where UM is located (fairly close to).

Grant Rapids is 158mi away, which of course is less than the distance between Mpls and Fargo, but in Michigan is one side of the LP to the other.

Mich St sits fairly between the two metros, and Lansing is the capital.

W Michigan is the local school in Grand Rapids, which is a fairly big metro in its own right. But the Michigan LP is of course dominated by the Detroit metro, which is where UM is located (fairly close to).

Grant Rapids is 158mi away, which of course is less than the distance between Mpls and Fargo, but in Michigan is one side of the LP to the other.

Mich St sits fairly between the two metros, and Lansing is the capital.

WMU is in Kalamazoo, about 50 minutes away from Grand Rapids.

"Oh, and one other thing Minnesota. Thank you so much for taking P.J. Fleck off our hands."

You're more than welcome. It's our pleasure. Enjoy the Lions!

Oh, and we'll see you in the B1G Championship... if Harbaugh can get his act together, that is.

Last edited:

Top Bottom