Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bring back the Axe View Post
    If Claeys didn't even get a look at Kansas or especially Kansas St, then I'd say his chances of being a P5 head coach again are slim. I really thought he'd get consideration for the K State job, being a native and an alum.
    Agreed. Maybe in 5 years when one or both programs are looking for a coach again he'd get a sniff. Then some of the stench from what went down (deserved or not) will have faded, he will have more experience, etc. But I still think if he does become a HC it will be at the G5/FCS level.

I think more than likely that Claeys would have to have success at a lower level (FCS, MAC, AAC, etc) before getting another shot at a P5 program. Maybe I'm wrong.

I hope he does get another chance somewhere if that's what he really wants.

I'm surprised folks think he would get any sort of shot at P5 as a HC.

His only shot was an interim job because Jerry quit. I don't belive he was getting P5 HC job offers before that. It was a nice year win total but I don't think anyone really thought much of it.

I just don't think that's much of a resume boost for an HC spot.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    I'm surprised folks think he would get any sort of shot at P5 as a HC.

His only shot was an interim job because Jerry quit. I don't belive he was getting P5 HC job offers before that. It was a nice year win total but I don't think anyone really thought much of it.

I just don't think that's much of a resume boost for an HC spot.
    I’m not sure why you think he has zero shot.

I’ve seen people cultivate an “extraverted” public persona over time, and I’ve seen the opposite where some that are too loud, boastful, and talkative become more circumspect over time...Claeys, like anyone, can cultivate a public persona and get better at the media stuff.

If he were to drop some weight, get a little more loud he would start to fit more of a typical coach profile that some want. Not everyone sounds like they could be selling mops at the state fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeville Goldy View Post
    Agreed. Maybe in 5 years when one or both programs are looking for a coach again he'd get a sniff. Then some of the stench from what went down (deserved or not) will have faded, he will have more experience, etc. But I still think if he does become a HC it will be at the G5/FCS level.
    Again, I think there is zero chance he would entertain a HC offer at FCS or lower, and G5 would most likely have to one of the few programs who could pay him.

Back to OP.

No. Doesn't have the team manager, game manager, roster manager or national level leadership abilities.

So no.
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
    Back to OP.

No. Doesn't have the team manager, game manager, roster manager or national level leadership abilities.

So no.
    Badmouthing a former coach. What a “fan” you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

Quote Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
    Back to OP.

So no.
    Wow. With all of that going against him, it's nothing short of miraculous that he won 9 games in a season here at Minnesota — where 9 wins in a season has been pretty rare!

He must have been extremely lucky, I guess.
    --------------

"7 National Titles...

... But Let's Not Get Carried Away".