OT: Big win by the round ball guys! Is the tide starting to turn?

STPGopher

Reaction score
Football wins at Wisconsin. B-Ball may have secured a spot in the Big Dance. Hockey at home for the conference tourney (Need to win it to get in to the NCAA tourney). Lindsey seems to have the Lady round ballers headed in the right direction. Women's hockey and Volleyball continue to be dominant, Track, both men and women, is solid. As is Softball and Baseball?

With all of that said, are we seeing the corner being turned? I'm not sure it is, but as a Gopher fan, it's been fun to watch solid efforts by pretty much every program.

Is the Purdue win viewed by some like the WSU win by Claeys was viewed by Coyle/Kaler or is Pitino still popular with most basketball fans? From afar he seems like an underachiever and the program may be better off moving on. Then again, I know nothing. What’s the mood? Recruiting still strong?

Well, as far as recruiting goes he does have a 4-star guard coming in Tre Williams but other than that unless he can get 5-star Matthew Hurt to stay home that is all Pitino might get for high school recruits this year. They will probably have to go to the transfer route to fill their remaining spots.

Is the Purdue win viewed by some like the WSU win by Claeys was viewed by Coyle/Kaler or is Pitino still popular with most basketball fans? From afar he seems like an underachiever and the program may be better off moving on. Then again, I know nothing. What’s the mood? Recruiting still strong?

I don't follow recruiting much. From what I've heard, it looks like we still have a chance on some big time locals. Heard Suggs and some others were invited to (at?) the game.

I know we had a 3-star 2019 guard Grant Sherfield in at the game yesterday, so we might get him.

These are all nice, but also pretty short term things.... I'm hopeful, but ... not a lot here.

Been a Gopher fan for decades and have been waiting for us to be top tier programs, especially FB & BB. I hate the Red to our east but they have been way ahead of us for may years. Same with Iowa, more so for football.

What we have seen from Fleckball the end of of 2018 and last nite at the Barn is merely a teaser.

Football wins at Wisconsin. B-Ball may have secured a spot in the Big Dance. Hockey at home for the conference tourney (Need to win it to get in to the NCAA tourney). Lindsey seems to have the Lady round ballers headed in the right direction. Women's hockey and Volleyball continue to be dominant, Track, both men and women, is solid. As is Softball and Baseball?

With all of that said, are we seeing the corner being turned? I'm not sure it is, but as a Gopher fan, it's been fun to watch solid efforts by pretty much every program.

As far as varsity team sports go, don't forget about women's soccer!

Well, as far as recruiting goes he does have a 4-star guard coming in Tre Williams but other than that unless he can get 5-star Matthew Hurt to stay home that is all Pitino might get for high school recruits this year. They will probably have to go to the transfer route to fill their remaining spots.

They already have two transfers, Carr from Pittsburgh and Willis from Vanderbilt, who are sitting out this season. So that is masked a bit.

Curry keeps getting injured. Hurt's older brother might transfer or graduate. IW might transfer. There will be need for more transfers into the program, definitely.

Think there is approximately zero percent chance that the younger Hurt will come here.

I know we had a 3-star 2019 guard Grant Sherfield in at the game yesterday, so we might get him.

I believe he was rated a 4- star by some recruiting services and was a UCLA signee who was released from his LOA when Alford was fired. He was also recruited by Kansas before he signed with UCLA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom