Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by die hard gopher View Post
    I’d be very surprised if he wasn’t on the edge at the next level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would be surprised if the coaching staff, who will determine his position and skill set, didn’t play him at the best position advantageous to the team.
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

Combine weights

Von Miller: 6-3, 246, drafted #2 overall
    Khalil Mack 6-3, 251, drafted #5 overall
    Dion Jordan 6-6, 248, drafted #3 overall
    TJ Watt 6-4, 252, drafted #30 overall
    Randy Gregory 6-5, 235 drafted #60 overall and was a projected top 5 pick before multiple off the field issues right before the draft.
    Danielle Hunter: 6-5, 252 drafted #88 overall.

All of these guys were drafted to play on the line of scrimmage as edge rushers.
    Last edited by die hard gopher; 03-06-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
    I would be surprised if the coaching staff, who will determine his position and skill set, didn’t play him at the best position advantageous to the team.
    Nobody on the history of this forum has said otherwise. Thats not what we are debating.

Von Miller: 6-3, 250
    Khalil Mack: 6-3, 252

These are the two best 3-4 OLBís the league. Coughlin is absolutely big enough to be a 3-4 edge rusher in the NFL.

Also first round pick TJ Watt: 6-4, 252. Danielle Hunter: 6-5, 252. All these guys were slightly lighter in college as well.
    This works for me!

Combine weights

Dion Jordan 6-3, 248, drafted #3 overall
    Randy Gregory 6-5, 235 drafted #60 overall and was a projected top 5 pick before multiple off the field issues right before the draft.

All of these guys were drafted to play on the line of scrimmage as edge rushers.
    Serious question as I watch practically no NFL games, how much do these guys devote to rushing the QB on passing downs? In other words, are they considered more of a hybrid edge rusher/pass protection LBs or do they leave little doubt that they are going after the QB?
    Attention: If the above comment sounds puzzling, adjust your sarcasm setting and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    For you are one of the chosen ones, my son. Please carry my other messages forward and spread them across the land.

Thou shall not root for the Badgers under any circumstances, whatsoever. Doing so will bring upon my wrath and you suffer from the same plague of obesity, stupidity, and ugliness of the one who leads the razorbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gophers7NatTitlesBadgers0 View Post
    Serious question as I watch practically no NFL games, how much do these guys devote to rushing the QB on passing downs? In other words, are they considered more of a hybrid edge rusher/pass protection LBs or do they leave little doubt that they are going after the QB?
    They almost exclusively rush the QB.

Combine weights

Dion Jordan 6-3, 248, drafted #3 overall

I am actually one of the people who believes CC's best position is as an edge rusher (on most plays).

However, I don't think he is 245 lbs. I think he is probably around 220-225.

Shut it down. Close thread. We also shouldn't talk about possible depth chart or anything that will ultimately be in the coach's purview.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Loblaw View Post
    Shut it down. Close thread. We also shouldn't talk about possible depth chart or anything that will ultimately be in the coach's purview.
    Close the forum, you mean.

That is highwaytroll's actual goal. He wants to prevent all "talk".

I am actually one of the people who believes CC's best position is as an edge rusher (on most plays).

+1

I'm pretty sure there was an interview posted on here during the season where he talked about his inability to keep on weight. It was something to the effect of him being listed at 245, but that he really struggles to keep his weight above 225 or so during the season. The idea that he's suddenly going to be 250-260 lbs. (legitimately, not on paper) after 3 years in a strength program is a pipe dream.

I would be surprised if the coaching staff, who will determine his position and skill set, didnít play him at the best position advantageous to the team.
    Great point. Never questioned, but heck it sounds good. Next you will take a stand against serial killers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Broken now/Fixed in 2019/Comin' in 2020
    #RTB #ELITE #FAMILY #HYPRR #Culture #PayCut #Year0 #How #Happiness/Joy

Quote Originally Posted by dpodoll68 View Post
    +1

I'm pretty sure there was an interview posted on here during the season where he talked about his inability to keep on weight. It was something to the effect of him being listed at 245, but that he really struggles to keep his weight above 225 or so during the season. The idea that he's suddenly going to be 250-260 lbs. (legitimately, not on paper) after 3 years in a strength program is a pipe dream.
    I believe he was talking about 2017 with the weight. He definitely looked his listed height and weight during Fall practices.

Putting on weight, even if it's 100% muscle, just to make the scale numbers bigger, is not a great idea.

More weight past a point, even if it's 100% muscle, will make you slower.

Quote Originally Posted by PMWinSTP View Post
    I believe he was talking about 2017 with the weight. He definitely looked his listed height and weight during Fall practices.
    I don't think he looked 245 last year. I could be wrong, sometimes it's perspective (seeing him stand by OT a lot and that he's 6'4"), but I thought he looked smaller than Barber and Martin.

Yeah but you could probably say the same thing about a lot of those guys at the combine as well. It's very easy to put on 10 pounds in water weight in a few days.