Interviewing for a job with Fleckisms

Companies hire coaches all the time as motivational speakers, including PJ himself. They can't be mad if it actually rubs off on someone.

At lest coach's are usually trying to inspire the individuals in the company.

In my experience corporate speak type terms are really for the benefit of someone's boss (hey look I'm using your / the cool new term) and really it has little to do with the people they're talking at.

To provide closure to everyone who was waiting with bated breath...

I got the job and started this past Monday. I played it straight in the later interviews but did say Elite a lot. They clearly liked it. Row the fkin Boat.

I got the job and started this past Monday. I played it straight in the later interviews but did say Elite a lot. They clearly liked it. Row the fkin Boat.

Congratulations.

Where are you taking us for drinks? I assume you've got the tab.

Where are you taking us for drinks? I assume you've got the tab.

We're mixing Skyy Vodka from a 1.75 with Franzia White Zin from a box like we did back in my day. Probably my most significant contribution to the U.

We're mixing Skyy Vodka from a 1.75 with Franzia White Zin from a box like we did back in my day. Probably my most significant contribution to the U.

Sounds awful.

So I've been interviewing for jobs the last month or so. These are managerial jobs so there's lots of questions about leadership. I never really had a stated philosophy on the topic, so I did a phone interview the other day trying to work in as many "Fleckisms" as I could in 45 minutes. If I didn't know where these lines came from I would say they actually came off pretty smooth in the interview.

I got in the following:

"Forget about me, I love you"
"Race to MAHturity"
"Prefontaine Pace"
"Change Your Best"
"I'm not for everyone"
"Elite" (three times)
and of course, "Row the Boat" (twice)

Sadly, I was not able to reference an iron pipe wrench, an axe, or eating difficult conversations for breakfast.

They called me back this morning :cool:

Did you close with the fact you are taking a pay cut to come there you love it so much? I'm sure that's what sealed the deal.

Congratulations. Welcome to the youngest company in the country.

They may be looking for something more low key. Wear a brown suit. They will recognize you may fit in representing the Loafer Gopher.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm totally using fleckisms the next job interview!

Did you close with the fact you are taking a pay cut to come there you love it so much? I'm sure that's what sealed the deal.
I am sure it was because he was going to change the culture.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Congrats lizard.
This thread is GOLD. GH at its best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised the people there before him weren't all offended that he was obviously talking bad about them!

/s

At one point I was asked about traits I would look for in those I would hire for my team.

It took every ounce of restraint not to say HOWphers.

i don't know if this is real or not, but if it is, it is you're a legend.

Keeping this one going...I introduced a few of my team's principles today on a slide, and three of the 6 were "Elite", "Brick by Brick", and "Concrete, not Sand". It's a bunch of artsy folks outside Minnesota they don't know I'm mixing cultures inappropriately.

I'm going to promise to take them all to Pasadena if we do good.

Keeping this one going...I introduced a few of my team's principles today on a slide, and three of the 6 were "Elite", "Brick by Brick", and "Concrete, not Sand". It's a bunch of artsy folks outside Minnesota they don't know I'm mixing cultures inappropriately.

I'm going to promise to take them all to Pasadena if we do good.

Can’t believe you left out “if you want to get some you better bring some” and “get your daggum chili hot”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok fine I want in.

The software I'm working on will now have "Elite" features to be added.....gotta work on some Nekton or other phrases.

Top Bottom