Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Fresno is closer to the Bay area than I though and even closer to Carmel/ Monteray than expected (140 or so miles, 177 to Oakland). Reno is also not a bad drive if looking for cheaper flights and gambling.

I may need to think about trying to get there as tickets will be available and even Fresno might be sort of interesting. I traveled to Kent Ohio and Tulsa for Gopher Football, so this cannot be worse. In fairness to Kent State, NE Ohio around Cleveland in September with Lake Erie nearby was pretty great.
    Last edited by oak_street1981; 03-08-2019 at 10:54 PM.

I'm going for the football game, so all the extraneous sh!t doesn't really matter. Got a hotel on campus a half mile from the stadium. Go Gophers!
    Gopher football fan since 1924. DNA-wise.

The late kickoff will make for a fun day of pre-game festivities!

Go Gophers!!

That's quite late for Gopher fans in MN, I'm a bit surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Taji34 View Post
    That's quite late for Gopher fans in MN, I'm a bit surprised
    Most west coast games kick at night, especially early in the season. Our game at Oregon St 2 yrs ago kicked at the same time.

per Sid:

Jottings

• The Gophers play at Fresno State in their second game of the year on Sept. 7, and they will have a chance to evaluate how good the Bulldogs could be because Fresno State plays at USC in their season opener Aug. 31. The Gophers open Aug. 29 against South Dakota State at TCF Bank Stadium.

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-f...ent/510042102/

Go Gophers!!

The wife and I will be driving down from the Bay Area for the game. The kickoff time sure sucks for central timezone fans, but I'm selfishly very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MinneStoa View Post
    The wife and I will be driving down from the Bay Area for the game. The kickoff time sure sucks for central timezone fans, but I'm selfishly very happy with it.
    Correct. We're driving up from Temecula. I told my wife we can now leave on Saturday morning if we wish.
    "My life has become a single, ongoing revelation that I haven't been cynical enough." - Chrisjen Avasarala