All Things Gophers at Fresno State Road Game Thread

Fresno is closer to the Bay area than I though and even closer to Carmel/ Monteray than expected (140 or so miles, 177 to Oakland). Reno is also not a bad drive if looking for cheaper flights and gambling.

I may need to think about trying to get there as tickets will be available and even Fresno might be sort of interesting. I traveled to Kent Ohio and Tulsa for Gopher Football, so this cannot be worse. In fairness to Kent State, NE Ohio around Cleveland in September with Lake Erie nearby was pretty great.

Last edited:

I'm going for the football game, so all the extraneous sh!t doesn't really matter. Got a hotel on campus a half mile from the stadium. Go Gophers!

The late kickoff will make for a fun day of pre-game festivities!

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

That's quite late for Gopher fans in MN, I'm a bit surprised

That's quite late for Gopher fans in MN, I'm a bit surprised

Most west coast games kick at night, especially early in the season. Our game at Oregon St 2 yrs ago kicked at the same time.

The wife and I will be driving down from the Bay Area for the game. The kickoff time sure sucks for central timezone fans, but I'm selfishly very happy with it.

The wife and I will be driving down from the Bay Area for the game. The kickoff time sure sucks for central timezone fans, but I'm selfishly very happy with it.

Correct. We're driving up from Temecula. I told my wife we can now leave on Saturday morning if we wish.

Does anyone know what the pregame scene will be like is Fresno? Is it worth to try to tailgate or are there fun bars/parties around the stadium?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We haven't purchased our tickets yet. I am curious where fans are sitting for this game.

Tickets are pretty cheap on StubHub.

Looking forward to the game and trip!

Go Gophers!!

After last nights showing I will be very surprised if we pull out the W.

We haven't purchased our tickets yet. I am curious where fans are sitting for this game.

Tickets are pretty cheap on StubHub.

Looking forward to the game and trip!

Go Gophers!!

We are in Section 29 - one of the visitor sections.

D-line and O-line need to make their best a hell of a lot better than they showed against SDSU.
Such vanilla play and passivity will not result in a win.

Is anyone adding a trip to Yosemite National Park during their Fresno trip?

Go Gophers!!

We’ll be in section 29 as well. Driving down Saturday morning.

Anyone know of a Gopher tailgate going on?

I'm in whichever is the alumni section. 22 is coming to mind, but I'd have to go find my tickets to know for sure.

Will the Goal Lone Club be hosting a pregame event like they often do? Looking around the stadium, it doesn’t look like there are many bars. We may have to look into the tailgate scene.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting schedule for the Gophers this year as I have had connections with the first two opponents. Played at SDSU so enjoyed being at the Gopher/Jacks game Thursday and lived/worked in Fresno for a number of years so went to many Bulldog games.

The Dog House Grill off Shaw Ave is a fun atmosphere game day but there will be plenty of tailgating around the stadium as well. Fresno fans will be welcoming for sure. For all the games I attended in Fresno, I often mixed up my allegiances by donning either Blue/Yellow or Maroon/Gold.

Yosemite is an hour drive N but the actual Valley floor is 2 hours from Fresno. Kings Canyon/Sequoia Ntl Parks are also worth a visit.

Bummed that I won't be making the trip out West this year as kids have school events I don't want to miss.

If anyone has other questions about the area let me know. Go Gophers!

Interesting schedule for the Gophers this year as I have had connections with the first two opponents. Played at SDSU so enjoyed being at the Gopher/Jacks game Thursday and lived/worked in Fresno for a number of years so went to many Bulldog games.

The Dog House Grill off Shaw Ave is a fun atmosphere game day but there will be plenty of tailgating around the stadium as well. Fresno fans will be welcoming for sure. For all the games I attended in Fresno, I often mixed up my allegiances by donning either Blue/Yellow or Maroon/Gold.

Yosemite is an hour drive N but the actual Valley floor is 2 hours from Fresno. Kings Canyon/Sequoia Ntl Parks are also worth a visit.

Bummed that I won't be making the trip out West this year as kids have school events I don't want to miss.

If anyone has other questions about the area let me know. Go Gophers!

Thanks for the post.

What do you recommend on Friday night? Is there a good place to hang out, grab a drink or two and chat it up with fellow fans? Is there a main campus hangout area?

Go Gophers!!

Might be kinda hot, though?? Do Fresno fans have tailgating rigs with AC? :cool:

Will be in Section 28. First road game since USC in 2011.

Looks like Nadine didn't bother to post this, but here is an option for anyone looking for a tailgate before the game...
[URL="[/URL]

Thanks for the post.

What do you recommend on Friday night? Is there a good place to hang out, grab a drink or two and chat it up with fellow fans? Is there a main campus hangout area?

Go Gophers!!

Friday night- Elbow Room is a good spot (it used to be) West side of Fresno on Shaw Ave, Yard House up in Riverpark or some spots in DT Clovis. Just depends on location where you are staying in town.

Top Bottom