10 Most Intriguing Big Ten Non-Conference Games of 2019 (10. Minnesota at Fresno St)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Athlon:

10. Minnesota at Fresno State, Sept. 7
Opening on the road against one of the best teams in the Mountain West Conference is a good way to start the season with a challenge for P.J. Fleck and the Gophers. Minnesota won last season's meeting at home, 21-14, and a trip out to California should be another good test for a growing Minnesota program. Fresno State is coming off a 12-2 campaign and is looking for its first win at home against a power conference opponent since beating Colorado in 2012.

https://athlonsports.com/college-fo...-intriguing-big-ten-non-conference-games-2019

Go Gophers!!

Minnesota > Fresno was the 2nd best non-con win anyone in the B1G got last year, by a decent margin. Only Maryland > Texas beats it.

Strangely that Penn State near-fiasco over App State week 1 might have been #3.

per Athlon:

10. Minnesota at Fresno State, Sept. 7
Opening on the road against one of the best teams in the Mountain West Conference is a good way to start the season with a challenge for P.J. Fleck and the Gophers. Minnesota won last season's meeting at home, 21-14, and a trip out to California should be another good test for a growing Minnesota program. Fresno State is coming off a 12-2 campaign and is looking for its first win at home against a power conference opponent since beating Colorado in 2012.

https://athlonsports.com/college-fo...-intriguing-big-ten-non-conference-games-2019

Go Gophers!!

Don't the Gophers open at home vs SDSU? That's rhetorical since I know they do.

From the context of the post I don't take it has they are referring to just road games. I don't expect expert level of depth but looking at the schedule shouldn't be too much to ask for.

From the context of the post I don't take it has they are referring to just road games. I don't expect expert level of depth but looking at the schedule shouldn't be too much to ask for.

Yeah, I agree.

I'm no writer, but "Opening on the road" is awkward and confusing.

I had to double check the schedule. This particular writer did screw up in his research as to his writings. While I believe the Gophers will have some bonding time prior to the Fresno game in California, they better not overlook South Dakota in the first game. Wouldn't be a good way to start the season.

Because the writer doesn't count games against 1-AA tomato cans?

Top Bottom