***OFFICIAL PURDUE AT MINNESOTA SENIOR NIGHT TOURNEY BID IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Stan

Reaction score
WOW WOW WOW, this is a big game!!! We say goodbye to one of the Greatest Gophers of all time tonight in Murphy, we say goodbye to Dupree and his family who have been through so much this season, we say goodbye to Jarvis Johnson and his family and acknowledge his amazing attitude in spite of tough circumstances and we say goodbye to Stull and Stockman who made pit-stops along their collegiate career. Oh, and we host 11th ranked Purdue. Oh and a Tournament bid is more or less on the line.

The Barn better be rocking as this could be a night to remember.

GET 'ER DONE PITINO AND GET 'ER DONE SENIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TUESDAY SCHEDULE
Tuesday, March 5th
5:30 PM: Doors Open (Courtside, Balcony Club, Barn Loft Ticket Holders)
6:00 PM: Doors Open (Public)
6:30 PM: Senior Day Ceremony (approx. time)
7:00 PM: Minnesota vs. #11/9 Purdue

Senior nights are always tough. Watching home careers end. We’ve seen a couple of these guys play nearly every home game for 4 years. There is always something special on senior night. It is possibly the final time we see Murphy’s hair and Dupree’s swagger on the raised floor.

Murphy needs to come out under control and avoid foul trouble. We need Mr. Double Double, Mr. All-Conference to be just that. We need Dupree to step up and hit some shots. And to disrupt the Purdue offensive flow.

We need to win. We need to send these seniors off on a positive note. We need to make the NCAA tourney. We need to make The Barn rock one more time this year.

Good bettors don’t bet with their heart. I’m a lousy bettor. Gophers win tonight.

It's a shame that the U can't figure out how to honor the seniors closer to tip-off, almost every other senior night that I've seen is able to do it. They will be lucky if there are 3,000 fans there at 6:30. Murphy deserves better.

Go Gophers!!

It's a shame that the U can't figure out how to honor the seniors closer to tip-off, almost every other senior night that I've seen is able to do it. They will be lucky if there are 3,000 fans there at 6:30. Murphy deserves better.

Go Gophers!!

Indiana has their senior night recognition AFTER the game. It's a tradition and most fans stay for it. I think that would be a better option, rather than the players being distracted pre-game.

Go Gophers!

Would love to see Matz get some minutes against Harms as I believe he can be effective against him because rarely does Harms match up with another 7-footer. Plus this saves fouls on Murph, Curry and Oturo against Purdue's other big.

Surprised the game is a 7pm start.

So starting lineup?

Coffey
McBrayer
Stull
Murphy
Matz

?

So starting lineup?

Coffey
McBrayer
Stull
Murphy
Matz

?

Sounds about right to me, who knows maybe this will start off with a bang. Big game, hope they play hard, loose, and with confidence.

So starting lineup?

Coffey
McBrayer
Stull
Murphy
Matz

?

The days of starting seniors on senior night seem to be a thing of the past. Pitino is fighting for his job, he should start the 5 that gives us the best chance for a good start to the game.

Go Gophers!!

The days of starting seniors on senior night seem to be a thing of the past. Pitino is fighting for his job, he should start the 5 that gives us the best chance for a good start to the game.

Go Gophers!!

Plus the Boilers have the juice to blow us out before the first time-out. Not a chance there is a sentimental starting line-up.

Plus the Boilers have the juice to blow us out before the first time-out. Not a chance there is a sentimental starting line-up.

Yep, they are fighting for their lives. Start the best 5 and expect them to play big minutes. They need this game, pull out all the stops.

Go Gophers!!
Agreed. If it were a 8:00 game it would be fine. We'll be scrambling to get there by then.

WIN AND IN!

WIN AND IN!

WIN AND IN!

Biggest game of the year. I am hoping the fans are up and loud all game!

Indiana has their senior night recognition AFTER the game. It's a tradition and most fans stay for it. I think that would be a better option, rather than the players being distracted pre-game.

Go Gophers!

The seniors will all get a chance to speak to the crowd after the game. At least they have the past few seasons. This is their parents/loved ones, a plaque/jersey/whatever. I'll be there to cheer for them!

Dont know what their 3 pt. % is, but this seems like a game where we must take away the 3. Against Iowa didnt give Weiskamp or Bohanon room to breathe, repeat of that tonight. Make them beat us in the paint with their headtoppers and turn Williams into that "purgatory we call a gym" for the Boilers. ( Saw someone else with a Hoosiers reference so had to borrow from asst. coach Shooter and contribute a couple myself). Not sure how far West Lafayette is from Hickory, but hope Jimmy Chitwood's grandson doesnt show up tonight. (Sorry Les Bolstad.)

Last edited:

Purdue will not be coached by Ward Lambert tonite- he coached form 1918-1946! Also, not suiting up for the Boilers are Dave Schellhase, Steve Scheffler, or Joe Barry Carroll. However, Purdue is shooting it well and the Gophers have not been able to get the big home win they need. Things won't change tonite as Purdue cruises to a 74-63 win; forcing a Gophers road win at Maryland or a couple B10 tourney wins to make NCAA.

Excited to be attending my first Gopher hoops game this year and I hope that I don't get told to sit down too much. Hopefully the crowd is LOUD.

So starting lineup?

Coffey
McBrayer
Stull
Murphy
Matz

?

Go Gophers!!

Yup. And I have no problem with that. Stull and Matz haven't been here long anyways. I'd have a different feeling if they were four year players for the Gophers.

So many tickets remain for tonight. Need huge walk-up sales AND for the people that already have tickets to show up (and show up early).

So starting lineup?

Coffey
McBrayer
Stull
Murphy
Matz

?

I’d like to see IW in there too. If we start six, we’ll definitely have an advantage.

Can the introduce Jarvis in the starting lineup so he can run out there?

Yup. And I have no problem with that. Stull and Matz haven't been here long anyways. I'd have a different feeling if they were four year players for the Gophers.

Good point about them being transfers.

My lineup scenario just take a timeout right away and get the freshman in. The worst you can be down is 2-0

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1tSjJm5sWaA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cool

We will be going early and I hope they sell more tickets. The women did their senior recognition after the game and that was more relaxed time for the players. Helps if they win !

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1tSjJm5sWaA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

cool

Almost didnt watch this, glad I did.

Makes me feel sad for Johnson. Great that he stuck it out, but it would have been nice to see him play if he could have been medically cleared somewhere else.

Makes me feel sad for Johnson. Great that he stuck it out, but it would have been nice to see him play if he could have been medically cleared somewhere else.

Says a lot about his character that he stuck it out and got his education. Maybe a coaching career in front of him?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Top Bottom